thirty bees forum

Community theme update

Havouza

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't implying you are a new user, Jeff, but what I'm saying is anyone who comes along and wants to install TB and then needs various piecemeal updates until a major update comes along is going to be confused. I am. Sorry about that, @lesley

Well I managed to screw it up. I uploaded the 1.0.1 folder BESIDE the 1.0.0 folder. Then when the 1.0.1 would not function in the theme backend, I deleted the 1.0.1 theme in the backend.

Guess what? When you do that, it deletes the 1.0.0 theme and the site is broken. Guess I need to do a clean install.

@lesley Yes I mistakenly added the 1.0.1 folder as a separate theme. It showed up as a theme is the backend. When I tried to activate it, it wouldn't work so I deleted 1.0.1 theme through the backend.

When I did this it deleted the default theme but left the broken 1.0.1 in place.

Ok tell me if this is a good update method:

1. Download 1.0.1 from Github
  2. Extract Zip locally on my computer.
  3. Rename the "community-theme-default-1.0.1" folder to "community-theme-default"
  4. Upload the renamed "community-theme-default" folder to the "themes" folder which will overwrite the original 1.0.0 theme.

Just download it, extract it, open the directory tree until you are at the actual template files, then on your server go into your theme until you see the actual template files. Then upload the new template files over the old template files.

@lesley Ok I think I got it updated. My newbie mistake was thinking I needed to do anything in the TB back end.

I love the community theme by the way. It's why I chose Thirty Bees.

Thanks for your help. I appreciate it.

@Jeff said in Community theme update:

@lesley Ok I think I got it updated. I love the community theme by the way. It's why I chose Thirty Bees.

Thanks for your help. I appreciate it.

Hi, Jeff! I'm happy it's straightened out for you, too. I've been spreading the word about thirtybees via social media - Twitter and Facebook, with hashtags such as #PrestaShop #thirtybees #opensource #webdevelopment, etc. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having a similar problem with the community theme. I have migrated my shop from Prestashop and kept my prestashop theme. I now want to switch it to the community theme, but when I go to Preferences>Themes and try to install the community theme it comes up with the following error:

Bad configuration file

I have downloaded the theme from github and uploaded all the files by FTP, and checked permissions, but it just won't work.

Any ideas?