Jump to content

Welcome, Guest!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Joint Systems

Core updater missing, could not install 1.3

Recommended Posts

We have one website jointsystems.org where the core updater is missing frrom prefrences?  The core updater module 1.43 is in Modules and is configured. 

Core updater missing in prefrences.PNG

Edited by Joint Systems
update

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, reinstallibg module should create mebu item. Even if not, you can go to module configuration page, and click on Check Updates on upper right corner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tried that and it still no core updater in preferences.  There is another store at jointsystems.org/shop which had no problem upgrading to 1.4 (apparently had the bleeding edge selected in the module) as well as jointsystem.org (singular) and jointsystem.org/shop both to 1.3.  I then got the brilliant idea to delete the current 1.2 core in jointsystems.org and copy the 1.3 core from jointsystem.org.  The 1.2 core went into the trash been but was not erased.  Not surprisingly after copying the core to  jointsystems.org it no longer worked at all.  I renamed the core core13 and restored the original 1.2 core but it still didn't work.   What was a surprise (perhaps not to you two, is jointsystem.org no longer worked though no files had been modified after the upgrade.  

Currently the error log for Jointsystems.org reads [22-Oct-2021 10:28:55 UTC] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected 'extends' (T_EXTENDS), expecting identifier (T_STRING) in /home/chandler/public_html/jointsystems.org/classes/PrestaShopAutoload.php(274) : eval()'d code on line 1

The error log for Jointsystem.org is:

[22-Oct-2021 10:47:32 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Interface 'Core_Foundation_Database_EntityInterface' not found in /home/chandler/public_html/jointsystem.org/classes/ObjectModel.php on line 37

Line 37 though looks the same as other installations that work?  abstract class ObjectModelCore implements Core_Foundation_Database_EntityInterface

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Joint Systems said:

I then got the brilliant idea to delete the current 1.2 core in jointsystems.org and copy the 1.3 core from jointsystem.org. 

What does that mean? Did you deleted all core directories (vendor, classes, Core, Adapter, controllers, admin*, tools,...) ?

1 hour ago, Joint Systems said:

The error log for Jointsystem.org is:


[22-Oct-2021 10:47:32 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Interface 'Core_Foundation_Database_EntityInterface' not found in /home/chandler/public_html/jointsystem.org/classes/ObjectModel.php on line 37

Line 37 though looks the same as other installations that work?  abstract class ObjectModelCore implements Core_Foundation_Database_EntityInterface

Might be corrupted cache/class_index.php. Delete this file.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You are correct, deleted cache/class_index.php and now jointsystem.org works.

As far as "What does  this mean?"  I only deleted the core folder only and copied the core from the working 1.3.   When that resulted in the TB installation not working I restored the original 1.2 core folder and the store is still down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Joint Systems said:

You are correct, deleted cache/class_index.php and now jointsystem.org works.

As far as "What does  this mean?"  I only deleted the core folder only and copied the core from the working 1.3.   When that resulted in the TB installation not working I restored the original 1.2 core folder and the store is still down.

core folder is just a very, very small part of the thirty bees codebase. It's like 5%.

If you want to update manually, you need to download thirtybees.zip file, and upload entire content to your store (with the exception of install/ directory). After you do this, you need to delete /cache/class_index.php and you should be able to access your system. It is not properly updated, though, as database changes were not applied automatically. You will have to use core updater to figure out what changes to database schema should be fixed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The he/she means the core folder not the module.  Jointsystems.org is up and running again now in 1.3.   The 1.4  installation has been running well, so far,  what are the main adavantages? 

TB folders.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Joint Systems said:

The he/she means the core folder not the module.  Jointsystems.org is up and running again now in 1.3.   The 1.4  installation has been running well, so far,  what are the main adavantages? 

TB folders.PNG

now you can change admin folder name.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Joint Systems said:

The he/she means the core folder not the module.  Jointsystems.org is up and running again now in 1.3.   The 1.4  installation has been running well, so far,  what are the main adavantages? 

TB folders.PNG

Glad that he/she managed to put back his/her Core folder. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...