thirty bees forum

How can a brand-new website get back links?

alwayspaws

With every modern browser you inspect the html code of every website. You should just look for the links. Let's take your signature in this forum: 0_1504122395237_no-follow.jpg

As you can see, the link has a rel="nofollow". This means for google: oh I shouldn't follow this links. In other words this link won't give you a lot of linkpower. Maybe even no power.

Are such nofollow links worthless? No. They still bring users trough direct clicks.

• 3 months later...

I am on the fence when it comes to back links I don't feel they are important because your not selling on a backlink, your competitors or relevant sites are going to tell you to go pound sand lol they do not want to link to a website lower on the rank pole plus they do not want you taking their customers. so far the best way I have found for getting traffic is advertising. Facebook being the most cost effective so far. Go where your customers are. build your brand just use good SEO practices & the rest will fall inline. One really important lesson I have learned do I want to be in the web development business or the eCommerce business. I would prefer the eCommerce business.You should be focused on Marketing & sales not back links. That is just me I guess I think sometimes we loose perspective of what is really important. I want to have a successfully eCommerce store. Would I perfect 50 Sales a day or 50 back links well I will take the sales. The back links are not going to help me stay around in the next year but the sales will.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

One comment could easily spread the focus light on an old thread. This thread is a great example of this.

Well in spite of this, I read the thread and found it very useful.

I am expecting few more discussion topics like this. 

Thanks @wakabayashi to share such useful and practical information here.

I am completely agree with you nofollow links should not be ignored. They also add a great importance to your backlink performance.

• 7 months later...

When looking to build links, the first step is to identify your target audience and create relevant and engaging content. SEO techniques like keyword research, on-page optimization, and link building can help your website rank higher in search engines. The easiest way is by partnering with other websites with similar content or target users. When they link back to your site, it will help improve your ranking in search engines and draw more traffic to your website.

On 9/19/2022 at 1:11 PM, janvi arora said:

When looking to build links, the first step is to identify your target audience and create relevant and engaging content.

get article links which go with the theme's or article's tenor. You get not only interested people towards your shop but also a better Auithority.

Edited by nickz

• 1 year later...