Best theme for Thirty Bees

• What is the best theme to use for Thirty Bees?

The community theme or a totally new theme?

• The community theme will always be updated to support core changes.
    So I guess it is the best to use.
    What I usually do, is creating a new theme based on duplication of community theme.

• The transformer theme (themeforest) and the warehouse theme are supported by thirty bees per Michael Dekker. Also, @lesley and I convinced the Transformer theme developer (Jonny Li aka tantan199 aka sunnytoo) to support thirty bees.

• Nice it will be great when more theme developers get onboard.

• Oh, that is interesting news.

I started ThirtyBees with Shoply (Iquit author of Warehouse) 10 days ago. Actually we migrated after 5 years Prestashop.

I stumbled about several critical issues (schema org prices differ from price -> very bad for google shopping/PayPal login crashes cart/images on product page are loaded as mixed content http:// though SSL is set for whole page).

In a nutshell, I would like to copy layout design now form our Shoply theme into Warehouse, since Iquit refunded me Shoply in order to buy Warehoues :)
    Here it is said, that mdekker supports Warehouse. Well, that is best news but should it be vice versa. Shouldnt Iquit do so? Anyhow this is thumbs up for me for buying Warehouse until Community-Theme gets a homepage builder.

Or are there concerns agaings Warehouse and general suggestions is for Panda and Transformer (not to mention community-theme blob?).

• Global Moderator

@yaniv14 said in Best theme for Thirty Bees:

What I usually do, is creating a new theme based on duplication of community theme.

How do you take care for changes, after you have duplicated?

• I just follow up on community theme updates and add them manually if their necessary.
    Most updates usually are on core files or modules and not theme files.
    I usually setup the new theme based on the client design and makes sure that there are no bugs, in most cases the theme don’t need any future modification that are bugs related.

If you look at the community theme repo, it has only 87 commits in total and most of them are before it was stable for release, and some of the others commits are not important if you modify the layout and the css.

• Taht is absolutely reasonable and I think another thumb up for a homepage builder in the communtity theme. Until then I will need help to get of my actual bugs that drive me nuts or a sunny weekend to migrate to a suggestion like Warehouse, Transformer or Panada …

• @yaniv14 said in Best theme for Thirty Bees:

I just follow up on community theme updates and add them manually if their necessary.
    Most updates usually are on core files or modules and not theme files.
    I usually setup the new theme based on the client design and makes sure that there are no bugs, in most cases the theme don’t need any future modification that are bugs related.

If you look at the community theme repo, it has only 87 commits in total and most of them are before it was stable for release, and some of the others commits are not important if you modify the layout and the css.

For the transformer theme and similar “3rd party” themes, I don’t know how to keep up with all this and when to do an update and when not to.

The only updates I currently do are when I’m in admin and see a notice of an update. That’s easy for me and easy to cope with.

All this other stuff is beyond the scope of my experience. There must be an easier way, right?

• @alwayspaws The are rare occasions when you need to upgrade your theme to support core updates.
    Most of commercial theme updates are to fix bugs that discovered by users who purchase the theme and not to comply with new releases.
    If a theme is working fine with no bugs why upgrade it.
    In case you do want to upgrade a commercial theme, I suggest contact the developer and ask him/her what files has been modified, and just consult on this forum before doing any upgrade.

• @yaniv14 - That is a big relief. Thanks!

• @pedalman I am using Warehouse as well and so far have found minimal issues

• Warehouse here as well, so far so good.

• Nice, I am going to be another Warehouse user then. I just bought it and when I got the time and did some testing I will migrate from Shoply to Warehouse.

(Issues might rise since the theme Shoply is ca 90% the same as Warehouse. Anyway, I won’t deinstall modules in order not to loose settings and to minimise the time I will have to spent to get the same look I aleady have with Shoply in Warehouse. I will just delete Iquit Shoply modules via FTP and then install Warehouse, deinstall Shoply. I think I will be good)

Looks like your connection to thirty bees forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.