thirty bees forum

Change Product Add Date to affect New

zimmer-media

I had found this php script that you can put in Admin/Tabs. It allows you to set any product as old or new by either entering their reference code or ID code. This is something we use daily. You need to scroll down the thread to find the 1.6.x version but it works fine in TB as well. It does not require any overrides and works out of the box.

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/164393-setting-a-product-status-to-new/

It does not seem like something that would be hard to implement in a future version of TB. It is certainly very useful for us.

@zimmer-media said in Change Product Add Date to affect New:

@foolab

In CSV import, this function already exists. -> Product creation date

0_1519385520957_8633600d-b83e-4134-9b5d-6f6dc138ad16-grafik.png

But in this way, the product creation will change.

@movieseals said in Change Product Add Date to affect New:

I had found this php script that you can put in Admin/Tabs. It allows you to set any product as old or new by either entering their reference code or ID code. This is something we use daily. You need to scroll down the thread to find the 1.6.x version but it works fine in TB as well. It does not require any overrides and works out of the box.

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/164393-setting-a-product-status-to-new/

It does not seem like something that would be hard to implement in a future version of TB. It is certainly very useful for us.

this will change the "product creation date"? I would like to maintain it.

• 8 months later...

Dear @zimmer-media , many thx for your great tutorial. We're relatively new to prestashop and want to implement this. We're using v1.7.4.4 and couldn't find the mentioned path / file directly and also not per google. May you give me a hint, that would be awesome! Best regards