thirty bees forum

Transformer Theme = How Compatible?

labeller

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@labeller I use the Transformer theme and it's incredibly compatible and has loads of customization features. I used a fresh install with help ( a lot of help!) from my friends here.

@Lesley can point you in the right direction about migrations, if something here doesn't help:

https://forum.thirtybees.com/category/6/migrations

https://docs.thirtybees.com/

Others will come to help you, too!

I know the Transformer theme from PS 1.5 and 1.6. Tried it out this afternoon on thirty bees 1.0.2. Installation without problem, checkout ok so far, but the frontend seems to be a desaster. I guess the developer has much work ahead before this theme can be recommended as full compatible.

@DaoKakao said in Transformer Theme = How Compatible?:

I have this theme installed on a fresh TB - and seems no issues awhile on the FO. To tell the truth, i didn't made a intensive load of this new site, not inserted any product even, but it seems like a 100% fresh new on the PS platform

Maybe this makes the difference. Received this link today of another thirty bees live shop with Transformer theme: - with Redis and Page cache.

But I had several times a fatal error during the upgrade process and started it again and again, though there were currently not more than some test orders with demo data and no additional modules except AEUC and Presta plus installed. After a while I canceled the backup options. But there were still some errors left, and I don't manage it to get the product and other images displayed though I already regenerated the images several times. I don't know what happens here.

Ok, I'll try it again this weekend with a fresh install. Anyway, it should work without problem on an upgraded shop too.

• 1 month later...

I use the transformer theme for my shop. It's very configurable and has excellent tech support from the developer. He is working on making it thirty bees-compatible.

Try the demo and see all the different styles that come with the theme:

"The theme will soon be fully compatible with Thirty bees, the new version is based on Transformer v3.2.9."

https://themeforest.net/item/transformer-responsive-prestashop-theme/5095795

Choose Transformer v3 (stable) is compatible with PrestaShop 1.6.0.5—1.6.1 +

• 2 weeks later...

@labeller said in Transformer Theme = How Compatible?:

@lesley Thank you for your prompt reply. Firstly can you confirm that purchased PS Modules are compatible with 30bees?

We use

Advanced CMS Form Maker Gallerique SEO Redirects

etc.

Why don't you just make a demo install and try it out? How can somebody confirm this (especially "etc")? It is very unlikely that somebody has tested your specific module combination.

note to all transformer theme users: I am currently using it on my 1.6 installation, it is the same version (I think) that works with tb. There is a bug confirmed by lee in the mobile mega menu. On the mobile menu when having a submenu and you click on the word (not the + sign) the menu does not open. Users expect it to also open when clicking on the word. Lee told me he will fix it in the next release.

@alwayspaws (I hate iphones) :-) You have assigned a link to "dog clothes" menu so clicking on the menu text it opens that link. On my my site I have not assigned a link so it does nothing. So that is wrong. It should open the submenu if no link is assinged

I really love the transformer theme and adapted it already for PrestaShop 1.5 for compliance with European law. But every non English user should be aware that this theme still comes along not only with in many parts poor English source texts but 80 % untranslated. Which means roundabout 3000 items. Items, not alone single words! OK, some time ago they went to Crowdin.com, but offer just about 10 or 20% for translation there. None of the modules! And considering the fact that proof reading seems to be very neclected, I guess it is curently waste time to help them with translations because they don't seem to be really interested. Moreover, translations can only be downloaded as xliff files (xml format). This makes absolutely no sense, lbecause it is useless. 30bees as well as Prestashop need a zip containing php files, even for direct upload. Sad, because this theme is awesome.

I've made a Russian translation of transformer v3 and offered it to include in the official distro, but no answer. The problem also is that some strings are the static array members, so if someone like to make it translatable, then he/she should change the code: a)make array strings uninitialized b) move string values to the constructor and initialize it there c)add checks, that initialization made only once d)only after that workarounds it would be possible 2 translate all strings.

The sad thing is that author does not going to include that in his theme distributuion.

Yes, we have both probably experienced at Crowdin that the developers of the Transformer theme seem to be indifferent to what the translators suggest. At the beginning there was at least some feedback, but not lately. And I suppose with the other themes (e. g. Panda) it is the same. As a consequence, this means that all users with little knowledge of English or all those who need a different shop language than English should avoid Sunnytoo's themes, regardless of whether they are thirty bees compatible or not. The developers seem to concentrate 100% on the English-speaking market. Might be understandable from an economic point of view, but Europeans should probably look for other themes.