thirty bees forum

Transformer Theme = How Compatible?

labeller

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@daokakao said in Transformer Theme = How Compatible?:

Again, my proposal is to open the github project, or i can deploy seafile storage on my server. For no fee. ;)

This is very generous of you, but do you want it to become a lifelong endeavor?

Can it be a thirty bees project only? When other people use Jonny’s themes and give translations there could be dialect differences which may confuse things further, or hold back translation approvals.

I just trying to propose different variants. If this would be popular more and more, who knows what will be then? My proposal is for easing life of some people who has bought that theme and tired of tons of manual editing, which could easily disappear in next theme's release. Let's be realists: despite those theme's authors earns good profit on it and fit adequate technical support at the themeforest, however they wouldn't pay much attention to i18n or l10n. Idea is that such parallel translation could 'spur' them to pay more attention for l10n / i18n, in anyway community will get quality l10n / i18n of theme.

@lesley said in Transformer Theme = How Compatible?:

Hmm, I think it might be best to contact him about being able to contribute on his crowdin. Its really a tough thing, crowdin can get expensive for something like a theme that is closed source and his bill could easily be $90 a month or more.

Reply from Jonny:

"Yes, as there are too many words that need to be translated (more than 8k+), it requires a lot of fee payments for crowdin.

but I have a idea, customers can share translation files in the forum, and other users can use the translation files directly."

BTW, the UBUNTU project provides some translation functionality similar to crowdin's. Will we try it?

UPD: Actually, not exactly ubuntu. To be more exact - this is launchpad: https://help.launchpad.net/Translations UPD1: Why not to try github as a translation storage also?

There's one more issue to discuss: the Transformer/Panda themes are commercial, and author earns valuable income from it. Community agree to make translations by own efforts, but, IMHO, the author should give for it some binuses. For instance, extended support and/or discount for buying his another products.

UPD. just invented an idea: let's open a theme translation project on the launchpad under more or less restrictive license spuring theme's author for givin some 'mature' motivation for community :)

You know what, free support with the translations of PrestaShop or thirty bees as translator and/or proof reader is one thing, help with better sales of a theme is another thing. In my view the first is worth engagement, the latter ...not! We are talking about a theme that was sold about 4,500 times at Themeforest alone, plus revenue for extended support. If the developers don't really care about other languages, then that's not my problem.

Just my 2 cents ...

LOL! @marci123 (grumpy cat). @vincentdenkspel He's being sarcastic. These English idiomatic phrases stump a lot of people.

Just like @Occam saying "dream on". That made me laugh every time I noticed it. It's funny. It means that it's highly unlikely it will ever happen so it will only happen in your imagination. :)

Of course, we all have great hopes and expectations and it's the imagination of the people here who help us update, change, configure, install and more whatever we need. :)

@alwayspaws Although English is not my native language i often do understand sarcasm. However 'nice try' has a negative 'sound' to me. Maybe this was not meant. That's way i asked to clarify the comment.

"Of course, we all have great hopes" . Do you refer to my comment of crowdfunding a theme ? If so, than please take into account that when six months ago I first mentioned crowdfunding a module not many people believed that it could be done . And look where we are now: within a few days a Beta of a great crowdfunded search module will be released !

@daokakao What do you mean by 'your project' ? I'm not the developer. I contacted @mdekker several months ago if it would be possible to do a crowdfunding for a module. At first he/they where reluctant. However, I kept nagging and after a few months he/they agreed to do a crowdfunding project. This is the elastic search module. I just received an e-mail from indiegogo that a beta version will be released within a few days. I'm convinced it will be a high quality module.

As mentioned in other forum posts i convinced that crowdfunding could be a win-win-win situation. TB as a project will benefit (great modules will attract new users), the developer will earn money for his work and we as users will get great modules that we want (otherwise it would not be funded)

If you want other info please let me know.