Using packs and combinations - a possibility (or is there another solution)?

• It’s not possible at the moment to use packs and combinations. Why is this? For my purposes, it would be great to be able to do so.

An example:

I sell widgets singly and in packs.

10 single widgets = 1 pack of widgets

I’d like the customer to be able to select on the product page:

( ) 1 Widget
    ( ) 1 Pack of Widgets (= 10 Widgets)

I can add each of these as individual combinations/attributes. But, then I have to maintain a separate stock for each.

If I have 100 widgets, I would eg need to enter as stock:

50 single widgets
    5 widget packs (because 1 pack is 10 single widgets)

If for some reason I sell out of widget packs, I have to manually go into single widget stock, reduce eg by 20 there and add 2 widget packs to the widget pack stock.

According to my understanding of packs, if packs could have combinations, I could have single widgets and then create a pack of these as a second combination, in a way, so that the customer would see:

50 single widgets
    5 widget packs (because 1 pack is 10 single widgets)

and the stock of the widget packs would be automatically calculated from the single widgets.

• Ran into this also.

I sell 10 packs and 3 packs at a lower price in addition to singles.

Watching for a solution.

• @vzex How do you currently manage this?

• I lowered my pack inventory quantity but that isn’t really working since it isn’t accurate.

• This post is deleted!

• @davidp I’m sure lots of us would be happy to finance the development.

FYI @mdekker @lesley

• I guess another solution would be to not approach it as packs, but to have one combination/attribute depend on the other and specify their relationship.

Eg:

50 single widgets
    5 widget packs (and then specify that 1 widget pack is comprised out of 10 single widgets - the system could automatically calculate the appropriate quantities)

• This post is deleted!

Looks like your connection to thirty bees forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.