thirty bees forum

How to edit the carrier of an existing order?

30knees

Unfortunately, for now I decided against having a module built for this. It would have cost much more than eg this module that offers a lot more functionality (and the additional functionality is some that I'd have also needed): https://www.silbersaiten.de/prestashop/en/prestashop-modules/205-order-edit-edit-existing-order.html

I was considering having a module built and then open sourced to the community, but only the functionality of editing the carrier and the payment method would have cost about four times as much as the module, which has more functionality. So I decided against it.

• 1 year later...
On 9/26/2017 at 11:02 AM, Occam said:

@vzex Your welcome. Btw Prestools comes along with a small module that creates a new tab in the catalog menu. But with a small override you may integrate it directly in the back office order page so that it opens the current order for changes. Just copy /themes/default/template/controllers/orders/helpers/view/view.tpl to /override/controllers/admin/templates/orders/helpers/view/

Open this file and search for Add here after

the following lines  {l s='Change order'}

All: Sorry for digging up old bones...

First I totally agree the entire order should be updateable from the backend.  I should be able to change the entire thing if needed.

Is this getting added to Core?

The module @Baarssen linked to I  think is now https://globosoftware.net/product/prestashop-order-management-module-edit-order/

Do we know if it still works?

@Occam I don't quite follow your tutorial here.  I have prestools installed and the prestool module.

I don't have this full path /themes/default/template/controllers/orders/helpers/view/view.tpl

is this really /shop folder/admin/themes/default/template/controllers/orders/helpers/view/view.tpl ?

Also is /override/controllers/admin/templates/ (I had to create) orders/helpers/view/ folders. Correct?

So then I copy view.tpl into /override/controllers/admin/templates/orders/helpers/view/   Correct?

The I open the file view.tpl

and do control F (find) for the text string "Add here after"

Which is not in the file.  So I am lost.

I think something is missing from the Post.  Thanks Again

Edited by Brent Dacus

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/8/2019 at 10:19 PM, Factor said:

is this really /shop folder/admin/themes/default/template/controllers/orders/helpers/view/view.tpl ?

Yes

Also is /override/controllers/admin/templates/ (I had to create) orders/helpers/view/ folders. Correct?

Yes

(:classic_biggrin: obviously there seems to be something missing.)Then open the file and search for "View delivery slip"

Add here after the following lines  {l s='Change order'}

With a link containing the order id, something like:

<a class="btn btn-default" href="./prestools/order-edit.php?id_order={$order->id} target="blank">
<i class="icon-edit"></i>
{l s='Change order'}
</a>

Edited by Occam