Robots.txt generator set for optimal seo benefits?

• Hi

I had some struggle with the generated robots.txt and Google’s own testing tool for Google access vs robots.txt allows/dissalows restrictions.

Anyway there are two lines that make me wonder:

• User-agent: *

• Disallow: /*

The first line I thought would allow access of all bots that could be seo-wise nice :)
    The last I thought would be a general disallow. But since this line is at the end I thought that would be fine since bots are allowed at the top already.

In summary Google was not allowed to crawl my site optimal with these settings. I had to comment # Disallow: /* and to add

User-agent: *
    Disallow:

(at the end of robots.txt) to give Google’s bots and crawler free access.

In a nutshell, since we are in ecommerce I wonder waht the optimal robot.txt is to boost seo/Google.

• administrators

How did that end up in your robots.txt.

I looked at your lines, but thirty bees doesn’t generate it like that. Instead it generates Disallows for every route that should not be accessible by a bot. Have you tried temporarily renaming your current robots.txt, regenerate a robots.txt and compare? There might be more optimizations possible.

Looks like your connection to thirty bees forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.