thirty bees forum

Prestools - the free mass edit toolset

musicmaster

@musicmaster said in Prestools - the mass edit toolset:

Of course Prestools has quite a lot of different functions and it depends what you want to do. But in general it is not possible.

I would like to set up some automatic mass edits once or twice a week adding features from a product name search.

I don't want to do it by a plain sql query because I'm afraid to mess up with the DB...

prestools do that with an plain sql query?

@foolab said in Prestools - the mass edit toolset:

I don't want to do it by a plain sql query because I'm afraid to mess up with the DB...

prestools do that with an plain sql query?

It would help if you could give a more concrete example. I really don't understand what you with "adding features from a product name search". Features are quite complicated so it will take you some study if you want to do it yourself with sql queries. Of course in the end you always end up with sql queries and if you turn verbose on you can see exactly which ones Prestools uses.

I have a list of product with very long names. In the product names there are features values (color, year, country)

Product Name Germany Black 1963

With prestools I can search for the value in the name and modify/add the "true" features value.

I think the more effort you put in it the better it goes: - adding a feature is basically just one sql line like: INSERT INTO psfeatureproduct SET idproduct='113',idfeature='18',idfeaturevalue='810' - the point is of course that you need to know the numbers. If you have a table that links "black" to feature "18" and feature_value "810" then it is simple. - the thing to watch for is conflicting values. If you try to assign the same color twice or a different color to something that already has a color assigned you will get an error. - with such a table and a bit of php you could achieve what you want.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey @musicmaster, thanks for this excellent tool, but it almost gave me a heart attack! :facescreamingin_fear:

Why? Well I uploaded it and was eagerly testing away in a test site that's hosted in a sub-domain of the live site, when I suddenly noticed it was displaying the live site's favicon. Now, one of several measures I take to avoid accidentally editing the wrong site is to use very different favicons on both sites. So I had a moment of panic when I though I may have been wantonly editing products on my live site, but thankfully that wasn't the case.

I don't know how easy this would be to fix, but I would appreciate it if you could. Cheers!

Hi Angstony, Prestools doesn't move favicons. And the fact that Prestools picks up the favicon of your main shop says nothing about which database Prestools is working on. It is just a function of your browser and server. You can easily check which database Prestools is working on by making some innocent change (like a minor text change) and looking in which shop it appears. There have in the past been some problems with two shops on the same server but these were fixed at that time. Just for your information the technical side: Prestools looks for your TB settings file in the config directory and it uses that to access the database. Almost all operations of Prestools access only the database. This looking for the settings file happens in the function connecttodatabase() in login1.php.

Thanks for that, musicmaster. I realized it was editing the correct database shortly after my initial concern.

I've got it showing the correct favicon now. It turns out I'd made an incorrect assumption about the way TB handles favicons: I thought that having set the alternative icon in the back office it would replace the file in the installation's root folder, but no, upon examination of the source code I see BO's favicon is picked up from the /img/ folder.

Sorry to have troubled you, and thanks again for your detailed response.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, veganline said:

where do I download the .zip file?
(The thread on Prestashop has an error message next to the link, and the Prestools site points to the Prestashop thread)

I don't see an error on the PS site. But you can also download from the first post of this thread (first paragraph, word "here"). And you can also scroll down on the homepage of Prestools.

• 2 weeks later...

So just wondering. 

Could you put a switch in settings1.php it to remove anything related to VAT.  I know its widely used in the EU.  It's just a distraction for others.  I was able to take it out of settings1.php for the Edit function.

Also could you put the same $default_product_fields function in the product-sort.php . I think that would help alot.

So far I love this.  works great for my small shop

1 hour ago, Brent Dacus said:

Could you put a switch in settings1.php it to remove anything related to VAT.  I know its widely used in the EU.  It's just a distraction for others.  I was able to take it out of settings1.php for the Edit function.

Also could you put the same $default_product_fields function in the product-sort.php . I think that would help alot.

Glad to hear you like Prestools.

Thank you for your suggestions. I will consider them - but at the moment I have some other priorities that come first.

Edited by musicmaster

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Decided this afternoon it was time to set-up prestools and learn how to use it

I now wish I had done this sooner. As after learning what I was doing wrong before. I got passed the install and set-up and managed to get in and use it for the first time.

Just done about 3 days work in a couple of hours lol as opening every page in admin does take hours.. Also going to make my next project of meta titles and descriptions much much easier.. The only thing I see is it doesn't show you how many letters you are using , so will have to keep an eye on that.Going to have to install it on my shops as well sometime

Thanks for the great tool

Edited by AndyC
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

How can I filter in the tool, for example, if I want to see entries without values? So that I can enter the missing information. As an example product available, it is not filled in all articles, because it was forgotten when importing CSV.

11 hours ago, hojoos said:

How can I filter in the tool, for example, if I want to see entries without values? So that I can enter the missing information. As an example product available, it is not filled in all articles, because it was forgotten when importing CSV.

There are many ways. One is to look for products with active==0

active.jpg.0dd1e1ae369914d338e083b8d1628b62.jpg

You might also consider further finetuning by using the second search option for date_add and putting there the day you imported the csv.

Edited by musicmaster
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

This prestoolmodule is only for user/pass setup ? Also I have little problem. Product combination Edit can't show pictures. When I move cursor to place where picture should be(there is broken picture icon), then I can see the address where this picture is. If I do rightclick and choose "Open Link in New Tab" then this picture comes on display. Is there any "cure" for this ?

4 hours ago, led24ee said:

This prestoolmodule is only for user/pass setup ? 

I am not sure what you mean. The minimodule is indeed only to create a link in your backoffice.

4 hours ago, led24ee said:

Product combination Edit can't show pictures. When I move cursor to place where picture should be(there is broken picture icon), then I can see the address where this picture is. If I do rightclick and choose "Open Link in New Tab" then this picture comes on display. Is there any "cure" for this ?

It looks like in your shop images haven't been generated for all the image formats that you defined. I am working at a solution for this.