Prestools - the mass edit toolset
Prestools is a suite of user-friendly and very powerful tools to mass edit your products, orders and categories. It is a kind of Swiss Army knife that runs outside your backoffice. You can download it here and find a manual here.
The main parts are:
- product-edit: great options for mass editing more than 50 product fields. Add categories, change prices, update descriptions - for hundreds of products at once.
- product csv: a very flexible tool to generate csv files.
- product-sort: an easy way to sort products inside a category. From position 500 to 1 in a blink. With the visual sort option you can see immediately how things will look.
- order-edit: adding and deleting products and changing prices without problems.
- order-search: make a selection on carrier, payment type, status, etc. or just search. With csv export option.
- category-edit: useful for editing metadata and descriptions for SEO
- combi-edit: assign pictures to your combinations quickly
- combi-copy and combi-delete: copy, modify and delete attribute combinations using one product as a template
- regenerate images for selections of products
- cleanup images: save on disk space by cleaning up images of deleted products
- shop rescue: turn off overrides and non-Prestashop modules when due to some bug you can no longer login in the backoffce.
- override-list: get a list of overrides and which modules might own them.
- and a lot of statistics.
Installation: Unzip the downloaded file and copy the resulting files to a subdirectory below your admin directory (do not install as a PS module!).You can access the program in the browser like “www.myshop.com/myadmin/mydir/login1.php”. You will be welcomed by a login screen: the default username is "email@example.com" and the default password is “opensecret”. Please adapt your security settings in the “settings1.php” file.
There is a demo-installation available. Username and password are the default.
Below you find a view of the product-edit page where the description field has been made editable:
Prestools was originally written for Prestashop 1.5, 1.6 and 1.7. Some parts may still work only with Prestashop. If you find a problem please let me know.
There are a few parts in product-edit that you need to buy at the Prestools website. However, over 95% of the script is free.
Among the files you will find a file prestoolssuite-module.zip. You can install this file as a module. It is a mini-module as the only thing it does is adding a link to your Prestools installation in the Catalog menu in the backoffice.
If you find a problem, please update Prestools to its latest version before you report it here. When reporting, please mention your Thirty Bees version.
Follow the installation instructions! This is not a module!
It’s a very helpful tool, we love it because it makes our job a lot easier.
How can I filter in the tool, for example, if I want to see entries without values?
So that I can enter the missing information. As an example product available, it is not filled in all articles, because it was forgotten when importing CSV.
There are many different ways to get products with specific field values:
- you can search for it
- you can use the Sort By field. Even fields without a value will appear somewhere either at the top or the bottom.
- you can also sort by clicking a column header
- Just setting the field in the Search field is sometimes enough. If you search for example for discounts (without filling in a specific value) you will see all products with discounts. And by using the Not operator you can also see all the products that do not have a discount
Many thanks for your response.
Damn, of course, I completely forgot to sort fields without values.
I always tried filtering for fields without values.
Just wondering why the “module” is not using login information from TB? would it not make a lot more sence if it did?
And be more secure? and since it allready uses the MySQL db connectet to the store it should be quite easy to actually add that, not a fan of hardcoded logins at all.
But i like what you have done just think it could be better if it used the store admin logins.
From an user point of view it would certainly be more pleasant when Prestools would use the TB login. However, it is not as easy to implement as you suggest and it might have disadvantages too.
Prestools operates outside the TB engine. Only that way can it have complete control over the screen and achieve adequate speed. So in order to use the TB login - that is tightly integrated with the rest of its code - the code must be replicated without that context. That would require a deep understanding of how the TB login works (the shop password is stored encoded and you also need to deal with the cookies that keep you logged in). So this is quite a tough job and I have never found the time and motivation for it. Maybe somewhere in the future, but this has not a high priority.
I believe Prestools is quite secure as it is. But of course suggestions for improvement are always welcome.
Should be quite easy to do actually, since TB uses the password_verify and password_hash feature for login
Recently Prestools had some bugs due to a few structural changes. Line submit had been changed to make virtual product edit work and to increase security the cookie format was changed. It should all work now again. Please notify me if you find any remaining problems.
Recent improvements in Prestools:
- problems with the mini-module were fixed.
- product-solo was fixed. It had been dysfunctional since the line submit fix. Now that has been repaired and also a few improvements have been made.
- Integrity checks has been improved and offers now the possibility to repair some problems.
- Some minor additional functionality: attribute sort, statistics on categories
- Some minor bug fixes
When i delete a special price i get this page/error.
Sorry to hear you found some problem. I have uploaded an improved version that should solve the problem. Can you download it from your user account?
Yes will do that in an hour. Also no option to edit warehousing.
@kleijn36 Prestools cannot edit warehousing data. That is a limitation of the software. It only gives you a passive overview of what you have in stock.
Thanks for the quick update. Problem with delete special price is solved.