Prestools - the mass edit toolset
Prestools is a suite of user-friendly and very powerful tools to mass edit your products, orders and categories. It is a kind of Swiss Army knife that runs outside your backoffice. You download it here and find a manual here.
The main parts are:
- product-edit: great options for mass editing more than 50 product fields. Add categories, change prices, update descriptions - for hundreds of products at once.
- product csv: a very flexible tool to generate csv files.
- product-sort: an easy way to sort products inside a category. From position 500 to 1 in a blink. With the visual sort option you can see immediately how things will look.
- order-edit: adding and deleting products and changing prices without problems.
- order-search: make a selection on carrier, payment type, status, etc. or just search. With csv export option.
- category-edit: useful for editing metadata and descriptions for SEO
- combi-edit: assign pictures to your combinations quickly
- combi-copy and combi-delete: copy, modify and delete attribute combinations using one product as a template
- regenerate images for selections of products
- cleanup images: save on disk space by cleaning up images of deleted products
- shop rescue: turn off overrides and non-Prestashop modules when due to some bug you can no longer login in the backoffce.
- override-list: get a list of overrides and which modules might own them.
- and a lot of statistics.
Installation: Unzip the downloaded file and copy the resulting files to a subdirectory below your admin directory (do not install as a PS module!).You can access the program in the browser like “www.myshop.com/myadmin/mydir/login1.php”. You will be welcomed by a login screen: the default username is "firstname.lastname@example.org" and the default password is “opensecret”. Please adapt your security settings in the “settings1.php” file.
There is a demo-installation available. Username and password are the default.
Below you find a view of the product-edit page where the description field has been made editable:
Prestools was originally written for Prestashop 1.5, 1.6 and 1.7. Some parts may still work only with Prestashop. If you find a problem please let me know.
There are a few parts in product-edit that you need to buy at the Prestools website. However, over 95% of the script is free.
Among the files you will find a file prestoolssuite-module.zip. You can install this file as a module. It is a mini-module as the only thing it does is adding a link to your Prestools installation in the Catalog menu in the backoffice.
If you find a problem, please update Prestools to its latest version before you report it here. When reporting, please mention your Thirty Bees version.
Follow the installation instructions! This is not a module!