thirty bees forum

<Solved> How to use csv import for many colors & sizes for a single product?

alwayspaws

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I tried twice and got this error now:

Errors occurred: Dog Clothes; Dog Hoodies (ID: null) cannot be saved Property Category->name is not valid Dog Clothes; Dog Hoodies cannot be saved

Before, it was working with categories field like this: Dog Clothes; Dog Hoodies

@daokakao by the way, I sent you the actual whole original .ods but things have changed since then.
The combination names are size,color since that was fixed, instead of size;color.

I removed all the products except the hoodie for all these tests. The image url is also updated in my latest ones. Just letting you know.

No that isn't the problem. It was changed months ago by Mdekker. That's why I wrote @DaoKakao that note just now.

Here is how I work with spreadsheets: I first save as .ods so I can highlight and copy and replace as much as I need to. Once it looks good, I convert it to .csv. Then I upload it.

The problem is in the file you first posted you have a comma between your fields as well as between size and color. In the error you just got it is because for categories you are using a semi colon as a multivalue separator but you told the upload that the multivalue separator is a comma. I think if you change the comma between the size and color to a semi colon and save the file with the field separator as a comma it should work.

Do I now have you completely confused? :)

@jnsgioia

Is this correct?

To open csv's:

To open the csv: select comma.

Then go to save as copy.

On the first popup box make sure “edit filter settings” is checked.

Then on the second popup box make sure the field delimiter that is checked is the semicolon.

Make sure the box that says “save cell content as shown” IS CHECKED.

on admin csv import page: field separator as a semicolon and the multivalue as a comma

@jnsgioia so now I have size;color and categories are: Dog Clothes; Dog Hoodies

I tried to import and now I got this again:

Errors occurred: Dog Clothes; Dog Hoodies (ID: null) cannot be saved Property Category->name is not valid Dog Clothes; Dog Hoodies cannot be saved Validating data...

Sandbox is kind a sandox for playing around with new features/modules/themes, et c. - i.e. this is testing installation of your shop, not for production.

I use more windows PC, so it would be bit difficult to explain some things about macs, but this isn't impossible :)

@jnsgioia said in How do I use a csv import for a large amount of colors & sizes for a single product?:

Did you save it with field delimeter - comma

and import it (in tb bo) with field delimiter comma multivalue ; (opposite of what I told you above)

@jnsgioia said in How do I use a csv import for a large amount of colors & sizes for a single product?:

Did you save it with field delimeter - comma

and import it (in tb bo) with field delimiter comma multivalue ; (opposite of what I told you above)

on admin csv import page: field separator is a semicolon and the multiple value is a comma

@daokakao said in How do I use a csv import for a large amount of colors & sizes for a single product?:

Sandbox is kind a sandox for playing around with new features/modules/themes, et c. - i.e. this is testing installation of your shop, not for production.

I use more windows PC, so it would be bit difficult to explain some things about macs, but this isn't impossible :)

Is this something I have to pay for? I can try it without bothering you. :) I'm currently using a test copy of my site in TB.

@alwayspaws No, this is free - you should organize a sandbox by yourself. Here's an alternative for XAMPP: https://www.mamp.info/en/ - for MAC. If you encounter the problems with APACHE/NGINX configuration - i can help you

@alwayspaws said in How do I use a csv import for a large amount of colors & sizes for a single product?:

I’m currently using a test copy of my site in TB.

This is exactly what the sandbox is

@daokakao said in How do I use a csv import for a large amount of colors & sizes for a single product?:

@alwayspaws No, this is free - you should organize a sandbox by yourself. Here's an alternative for XAMPP: https://www.mamp.info/en/ - for MAC. If you encounter the problems with APACHE/NGINX configuration - i can help you

@alwayspaws said in How do I use a csv import for a large amount of colors & sizes for a single product?:

I’m currently using a test copy of my site in TB.

This is exactly what the sandbox is

I will try that. I'm having problems with the import.