thirty bees forum

<Solved> How to use csv import for many colors & sizes for a single product?

alwayspaws

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@zimmer-media said in <Reopened> How to use csv import for many colors & sizes for a single product?:

@alwayspaws It is best to ignore the product ID when selecting the fields. Use product reference as key in the previous screen.

Hi. Do you mean delete that column because if I'm going to ignore it, what do I need it for? :)

Can I just use the Product Reference (Reference number) and Reference as the Combination Reference?

Thank you.

My latest attempt again failed. Products CSV - just one product with two colors and eight sizes.

01508208740243products_import-worksheet.csv

Combinations CSV:

01508208789132combinations_import-template-worksheet.csv

I think I should make a copy of my tee shirts CSV that worked and try it again unless someone sees something wrong with these CSV's.

Settings for import: Field separator: ^ (caret) Multiple value separator: semicolon

Size options do not show up, item shows "this product is no longer in stock" and the tags are cut off again.

0_1508209075513_size options do not show up and it says product out of stock.jpg

@lesley @mdekker Can you please look at the CSV imports? How can all these things suddenly go wrong?

Good morning @jnsgioia I found a note I made before getting off the desktop because it did not format correctly as shown in these screenshots: When reopening the CSV file you MUST set " Separated by" as a "SEMICOLON" and check the "Other options" section and enter the caret symbol which looks like: ^

This is my products .csv and I only have two color choices and eight sizes.

First attempt to reopen a saved .csv without the semicolon:

0_1508245159385_reopening a saved csv without semicolon does not work part 1.jpg

I didn't open the file when I saw the above. I clicked semicolon and left the caret and it looked correct:

0_1508245212976_this is why I selected semicolon to reopen csv - part 2.jpg

I'm having someone look over my CSV's and will let you know the outcome.

Thank you!

@alwayspaws Once you have saved it using the caret you will open it using the caret, but right now the file you posted has been saved using a semi colon so you have to open it using the semi colon.

If you have the file already in .ods format you can just save it as a text document using the caret.

• 2 weeks later...

@DaoKakao @jnsgioia @zimmer-media It was a long, hard journey for me (seriously!) but I have now fixed two products and know how to fix the other fourteen. Here are the before and after screenshots. Thank you all very much for your kindness, patience and for sharing your knowledge with me.

Before fixing the combinations:

0_1509453561803_combos - wrong.jpg

After fixing the combinations:

0_1509453633473_combos-fixed.jpg

Holy :cow: cow!!!

I don't know how you manage so much inventory! I've not touched csv imports option yet but read all these posts in the event I need to. What a learning curve!

I can barely deal with under 100! Big props!