You’re welcome to donate another/a better theme to thirty bees.
Posts made by Traumflug
RE: AEUC: Error thrown on index.php?controller=order
RE: Anyone with live store which meets eu law requirements?
deswegen meine ich ja immer daß ich es nicht ganz verstehe warum sich leider auch TB nicht dem Thema annimmt
Das ist ziemlich einfach: es gibt bei thirty bees jede Menge Baustellen. Ist ja nicht so, dass das zu Grunde liegende PS 1.6.1 überall einwandfrei funktioniert hätte. Die thirty bees Entwickler haben also nicht gerade Langeweile.
Was ich nicht verstehe: es gibt offensichtlich Leute, die die Rechtssicherheit in Ordnung gebracht haben. Diese Leute scheint aber irgendwas davon abzuhalten, das Ergebnis Allen zur Verfügung zu stellen.
Meines Wissens ist das Ziel, dass man nach der Installation des Shops nur die Art der Gesetzgebung auswählen muss, um einem rechtssicheren Shop zu erhalten. Also weg mit den riesigen Konfigurationsseiten und auch mit den zig Seiten langen Dokumenten, wie man was einzustellen habe. Und das natürlich für alle Länder dieser Welt.
RE: Product downloads controller reviewed
What is missing for the second precision? Just the frontend widget?
As far as I could see, it’s the formatting requested for the datepicker in the GUI and also some PHP code assuming this format. PHP code for second-precision exists in a comment already.
RE: What is going on with the forum?
Another probable reason for the forum becoming calmer is that many bugs got fixed, so people no longer have to talk about them.
And yes, a perfectly well working software can eventually lead to a poor public reception. The Smarty maker found this out, too:
People seem to assume Smarty is old and lethargic just because it has been around awhile.
RE: What is going on with the forum?
Probably it doesn’t matter, but I was informed that my writings here are received as sarcastic. Which probably means inappropriate.
Another person deleted all his writings, including the opening post, in a thread where I tried to help solving the problem at hand. Which is a kind of shyness me is not willing to deal with. I consider a forum not to be a gratis personal support service, I consider it to grow to a searchable resource helping people to help them selfs, so such deletions are kind of a slap into the face (instead of a ‘thank you, works now’ confirmation).
Accordingly I moved to digest mode. Perhaps a couple of fewer postings because of this. Still writing code for thirty bees every day, of course.
Product downloads controller reviewed
Over the last couple of days I reviewed the product downloads controller in order to give it a more reliable shape. This includes a number of changes to the
ProductDownloadclass, none of which should affect behavior for other uses.
It’s this thing, part of the product editor:
Changed and new features:
- Deleting the file deletes the file only, not the entire product download record. As one would expect when clicking ‘Delete this file’.
- Removing the file associated to the product still removes both, file and record.
- Deleting one record no longer creates yet another, empty record.
- Switching product type away from ‘Virtual Product’ also deletes file and product download record. Keep the environment clean, folks!
- There is now a new switch for deactivating a download. Previously the other switch tried to handle this as well … and more often than not produced a mess.
- If there’s something wrong with the downloadable file (missing file, missing name), a product download gets deactivated automatically. To make sure your customers see only working downloads.
- Catched all cases of product download records being deleted without the related file being deleted as well. No more stale file in the downloads folder of your server. Well, hopefully
If you want to give it a try, code is currently on the productdownloads branch for evaluation. If there are no objections coming up, I’ll move it to
1.0.xin a few days.
P.S.: ‘record’ = database entry into the