thirty bees forum

[MODULE] M4 GDPR Compliance Toolkit

tuk66

M4 GDPR Compliance Toolkit

Assist you to comply with the EU General Data Protection Regulation known as GDPR. This module helps you adhere to EU regulations as smoothly as possible.

The module consists of two parts. The administration page is used to set it up as well as an overview of customers and their GDPR-related requirements. The module creates a page in customer account where customers can request access to their personal data.

The module provides customers with the following rights:

• Right to be informed
  • Right of access
  • Right to rectification
  • Right to erasure
  • Right to restrict processing
  • Right to data portability
  • Right to object
  • Rights related to automated decision making including profiling

Features:

• Fully configurable consents compatible with all templates and third-party modules
  • Brisk one-page administration and customer user interface (powered by React)
  • Saving settings without reloading the page
  • Available in 31 languages
  • Compatible with PrestaShop 1.5 - 1.7, PHP 5.5 - 7.2

More information on https://www.presta-addons.com/en/prestashop-modules/31-m4-gdpr-compliance-toolkit.html

This module looks good, but does it not need to include details about cookies? I thought when a customer first lands on a website they now have to accept cookies before they proceed, and have the option to turn off non essential cookies?

Also, does the popup box which they have to tick to agree to marketing emails being sent appear automatically? I would have thought a lot of customers wouldn't want this. It seems they have to tick the box in order to proceed. I would not want this popping up for every customer, but instead when they subscribe to anything, then there is a checkbox which they have to tick (when creating an account or signing up to a newsletter for example).

• 2 weeks later...

The new version of the module is available at www.presta-addons.com. It should fix all your issues.

As of the cookie bar, it would be an appropriate addition and I think about it.

I have been working intensively all the time to fix the bugs that occurred in some combinations of PrestaShop version and consent locations. I needed to be sure that the consent pop-up worked as expected. That is why I have prepared 19 automatic tests. For all places of consent, for different combinations of shop settings - 1/5 page order, purchase as a guest, new account registration, newsletter and product comments modules. Now I am happy with the result.

CHANGELOG

v1.2.1 (2018-06-13) - Added mouse click support for consent pop-ups (jQuery selector) - Added mouse click support for consent pop-ups (onClick event, for example, for one-page-checkout modules) - Fixed always showing consent window if the selector specified doesn't exist on the page

v1.2.0 (2018-06-06) - Added optional sending emails to customers and administrators - Added expiration date on consent types - Added ability to renew of customer consents - Consent is only required if it is not expired, does not repeat itself - Added 'Active' setting for Consent type - Added settings for displaying the left or right column in the customer account (PrestaShop 1.5 and 1.6) - Added selectors for one-page checkout (PrestaShop 1.5 and 1.6) - Improved Romanian translation (thanks to scoptop) - Improved compatibility with Theme Monster templates - Improved compatibility with different templates (PrestaShop 1.5) - Improved working when Debug Mode is turned on and error occurs - Small style adjustments - Fixed not offering the type of consent to create a new location of consent - Fixed PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function getPageLink() on null (PrestaShop 1.5.3.1 and earlier)