thirty bees forum

ImageMagick and php version

jnsgioia

@alwayspaws Actually, I don't think he fixed anything. It still doesn't work. I think he just made sure the extension was enabled for the account and changed the php version from 7.0 to 7.1. I haven't had the time to go back to Siteground support. I think I will open a ticket instead of talking to their chat support.

@jnsgioia Yes, when you have time it's probably best to open a trouble ticket.

This is from siteground but was before the thirty bees upgrade was released:

Mar 24, 2017, at 8:41 PM, SiteGround:

"ImageMagick module

It appears that the ImageMagick module is not compatible with PHP 7.0. We changed the version to 5.6 and it was installed successfully."

@Global-Moderators @roband7 can you please tell us if this is still true?

It works fine using PHP 5.4 to 7.1.

Your host must have an old module. The PHP 7.0 support was added in the imagick 3.4 version that was released winter 2015.

See https://pecl.php.net/package-changelog.php?package=imagick for all the gory details.

@alwayspaws I opened a ticket explaining the problem and included roband7's response. Within a very short time I had a response and after a little clarification a solution. If the module does not install for you, you need to make sure (or have them make sure) that the php.ini file includes zend_extension=/usr/local/php71/lib/php/extensions/imagick.so not just extension=/imagick.so

@alwayspaws Did you go to live chat or to the ticket place? I found the ticket worked alot better than live chat. Also did you tell them you were quoting the developer? When I told them that they changed the version on my account.