thirty bees forum

How to set zip code to alphanumeric

manu

Zip/Postal Codes are set on a per-country basis. Go to Localization -> Countries, choose the country you wish to modify, and you will see directions near the postal code field on how to set it up. You can also set it so that TB does not verify the postal code for a given country at all.

Thanks. I need another help. I am setting canada as default country, while registering as a new customer it is showing this error

There is 1 error

1. This country requires you to chose a State.

Yes, because in Canada a province must be included as part of the address.

You can turn this off, if you wish, in the same place as the postal code above. All settings related to the address & address format for each country are in that area.

Regarding turning off the state/province requirement and disabling the postal code validation, it is important to know that doing this will almost certainly result in you getting more invalid addresses from customers. People are not very careful when entering their addresses and the verification settings help avoid a lot of common errors.

• 7 months later...

It is so good that it is possible today to find a solution to every issue today on the Internet. Two decades ago you had to attend special courses to get some computer skills. I remember how I was looking for such courses in my area by a zip code PostcodeFinder.net. And there was not a big choice at that time. Now you just need to find some forums and in 99% you will find a way to fix your problem. Pretty fast today.

Edited by hojoos

• 1 year later...