thirty bees forum

I need help order emails and customer reply emails. Test email says to check configuration, where do I configure email?

officerat

Hi, the thirtybees store is selling virtual products but on a test I did it did not send any email or deliver the product to the customers email. It does receive messages when a person messages customer service but I cannot reply to them and order delivery email does not ever get delivered. The test email function I tried and it says to check configuration but I cant find any settings where I can configure email to work. What do I need to do to make the email system work?

Update: I found where I enter my email settings and I have configured them correctly but I receiving this error message:

Error: Please check your configuration
Expected response code 250 but got code "535", with message "535-5.7.8 Username and Password not accepted. Learn more at 535 5.7.8 https://support.google.com/mail/?p=BadCredentials w30-20020aa79a1e000000b005253bf1e4d0sm2524837pfj.24 - gsmtp "   

My settings are correct I tried these settings and its not working. I still get an error and my password I was careful and copy paste each time for the tests but not working.

Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server

smtp.gmail.com

Requires SSL: Yes

Requires TLS: Yes (if available)

Requires Authentication: Yes

Port for SSL: 465

Port for TLS/STARTTLS: 587

Edited by officerat

I found a solution. I do not support the following companies and this is not a promotion. All the services they are providing are currently free for anyone to use. It is the brutal truth that Google does not support third party less secure apps anymore, so I chose to use proton mail and that allowed me to chose my preferred email name. I get 150 free emails a day which I doubt I will exceed. Next I signed up for a free account at https://my.sendinblue.com/ and thats a SMTP server provider which is required for thirtybees to work. I could not find a way to just use my email login credentials with just Gmail or Proton mail by themselves, it failed the test and cannot connect with out a relay service. email. https://my.sendinblue.com/ allows 300 free emails a day which again I doubt I will exceed so this setup works perfectly and my password manager is becoming more and more useful lol with all these extra passwords. I am really happy my emails work now I can't wait for it to get busy, I already had 2,533 visitors in 4 days. I have 5 people online right now and usually a dozen at all times. This store was a really smart idea I had 🙂 BTW I erased all the personal data and left the connection info.

perfect now2.png

account.sendinblue.com.png

Edited by officerat