thirty bees forum

Product thumbnails on the BO Product Page suddenly not showing

Obi

Question

Ok, another issue that I don't understand ...

Since completing the TB 1.3.0 install, most things have been pretty quick and painless (403 error on SEO & URLS page just got fixed with a simple setting change) but just prior to this I came across an issue in the products page of the back office. This part of the installation hasn't had an issue - at all - until today. As a matter of fact, a couple of days ago I created and uploaded a few more items to the catalog with photos without a hitch. Today (before change the mod_security yes/no switch in the back office) I decided to add another item to the catalog the same as I have done with the 183 previous products I have added - only today when uploading the images I get this...

image.thumb.png.f94fe110e387c9c9731655fb4ffc3723.png

I get this when I do a [view image info]...

image.thumb.png.7f1ca7cdeb59f7ee8366778c45d6ec19.png

And as this screenshot indicates - if I click the broken-link image - the image loads...
image.thumb.png.6e2de806af57c9020a7ad81f6e25d0ae.png

and as you can see by this filezilla screenshot - all of the images are indeed on the server where they belong...

image.png.14d07cdd2670ed1c41d6151a4b04e007.png

I'm running the community default theme copied to a new name - which has been installed now for about a month with no known issues.
I've regenerated product images with no success - the broken-link-image is still present.

I suppose I'm at a point where I am not sure where/how to debug this issue except that it looks like TB is using the .htaccess file to locate images - but that hasn't changed either to the best of my knowledge. As a matter of fact, the site sat idle for a few days since my last product add session because I had other non-website tasks to deal with, and this is the issue I came back to when adding the next product.

Suggestions??

Edited by Obi

1 answer to this question

For some reason, this issue seems to have gone away on it's own. My language translations for the theme were somehow lost and after I restored them, the images now appear normally in the back office product page, even for newly uploaded images. I am really confused now because I see no reason why language files would have any connection to the display of images - but that is the ONLY thing that I changed as I was waiting for an answer here in the forum of what else to check - so I moved on to making a couple of css tweaks - which is how I discovered the theme was using the default language translations instead of the custom translations I applied weeks ago.