thirty bees forum

Full path for categories and products

mak

Question

I have been trying to get the full path of each category and product to show up but it just doesn't seem to want to do that. currently I have put it back to the defaults of Route to products: {categories:/}{rewrite}.html and Route to category: {rewrite}.html. Currently I'm getting domain.com/product123.html and domain.com/category.html. How do I write this so that the full path look like below for both?

domain.com/category1/subcategory1/subcategory2/product123.html domain.com/category1/subcategory1/subcategory2.html

Also, if the product is clicked from subcategory1 will the link look like domain.com/category1/subcategory1/product123.html? In magento whichever subcategory you click the product under is the path that it shows. So if I click on a product that is under subcategory2 while i'm in subcategory1 the link will show subcategory1/product123.html instead of taking me to category1/subcategory1/subcategory2/product123.html.

I'm trying to transition my magento site and that is how the paths show up in there, but I don't seem to be able to get that to work on my thirty bees install.

3 answers to this question

How do I get domain.com/category1/subcategory1/subcategory2/product123.html for products and domain.com/category1/subcategory1/subcategory2.html for categories because {categories:/}{rewrite}.html doesn't work. It gives me domain.com/product123.html

After messing around with it for a while, I finally got it to work like it should be working. Strange thing is that with smarty cache off it was giving me this problem. When I turned it on and cleared the cache, it started showing up correctly. So now my links show up as domain.com/category1/subcategory1/subcategory2/product123.html instead of domain.com/product123.html or domain.com/category1/product123.html.