thirty bees forum

Duplicating products

SLiCK_303

Question

There are a couple problems, at least these two, that happen when you duplicate a product. The specific prices and downloads(attachements) are not duplicated. They are supposed to be, if you look at the code in controllers/admin/AdminProductsController.php, via this block of code, and the associated functions in classes/Product.php.. if ($product->add() && Category::duplicateProductCategories($idProductOld, $product->id) && Product::duplicateSuppliers($idProductOld, $product->id) && ($combinationImages = Product::duplicateAttributes($idProductOld, $product->id)) !== false && GroupReduction::duplicateReduction($idProductOld, $product->id) && Product::duplicateAccessories($idProductOld, $product->id) && Product::duplicateFeatures($idProductOld, $product->id) && Product::duplicateSpecificPrices($idProductOld, $product->id) && Pack::duplicate($idProductOld, $product->id) && Product::duplicateCustomizationFields($idProductOld, $product->id) && Product::duplicateTags($idProductOld, $product->id) && Product::duplicateDownload($idProductOld, $product->id) ) { ...but they don't get duplicated.

4 answers to this question

After looking into it a bit more, a 'download' is NOT an 'attachment'. Sorry for my confusion. So it's not duplicating that because it's not told to. I will add it to the above code and see if it does duplicate attachments or not.

edit: yes it does duplicate attachments if it's told to. Just put this in the code after.. && Product::duplicateDownload($idProductOld, $product->id) add.. && Product::duplicateAttachments($idProductOld, $product->id) So that can be done with an override, but I think it should be done to the core.

I think I fixed it...amazing no? At any rate, in /classes/Product.php, find.. foreach (SpecificPrice::getIdsByProductId((int) $oldProductId) as $data) { change to.. foreach (SpecificPrice::getByProductId((int) $oldProductId) as $data) { I'll keep testing to make sure it's working.. I'll get back to ya...

edit: seems to be working for me, try it yourself and let me know. I'm sure I'm not the only person who had issue with this not working. Again I could make this an override, but it needs to be fixed in the core instead.