thirty bees forum

What are the CSV import settings for products and combinations ?

alwayspaws

Question

15 answers to this question

I know which separators I'm using ( semicolon and colon) and tried in reverse & updated the spreadsheet but can't get products on now.

I"m going to try the usual again. TM had me do the opposite and it worked.

Should I try @jnsgioia workaround which is a pipe and a tilda?

@mdekker I honestly don't remember what the problem was when I first set up the file. I think it had to do with ps breaking fields where it shouldn't because of ; or , in my descriptions. I had to find separators which I did not use anywhere in the file, except as separators.

@jnsgioia What program are you using to generate your CSV's? I use openoffice Calc on a Mac.

Although it sounds like a great workaround to use unused symbols, it's much better for everyone to use the same standards, if possible. This is especially true when people who have no PS experience decide to use thirty bees.

But on the other hand, TB can't decide what separators to use. Then a lot of users will get into trouble when the supplier deliver a file with other separators. PS 1.6 had no problems importing CSV files whatever separator used. At least I have never run into trouble

We get csv also. we sell office furniture in Sweden Factory send a csv. Some chairs come with 4 different colors legs, 7 different wood back and 37 different fabrics. That gives 1037 combinations. But I manage to import them. I get them as a csv should be, comma separated

But you are right, most other suppliers use xml.

I'm going to hold off on trying to import products and combinations for a couple of days.

This way I can at least be productive in proofreading the TB docs. Not at all productive right now with the products.

@Havouza I noticed in another post of yours that you found a typo. I'm going from the top down of what they've been written so I haven't reached that point yet, but I'll fix it as soon as I can. Thank you for pointing it out.