thirty bees forum

PS 1.6 to TB 1.0.4. Thoughts on the process

nickon

So while a got a a2 hosting to test various thing I thought I do a test upgrade from PS 1.6.0.xx to thirtybees 1.0.4. To be honest I didn't think I would be that easy. I have a shop with about 10.000 products + a transformer theme modified with some custom module and scripts. I wanted to share the process mosty to point out some querks and bottlenecks in case some of the devs see any reason to fix(?) them.I have put my thoughts in bold.

So after setting up the PS 1.6.0.xx test site on the a2 hosting servers I took things very agressive since I believed that I would fail and I had to do things over again several times. I was wrong :-) Starting the proccess I don't get why the migrade tutorials are under "download" I was expecting a submenu under "learn" . I downloaded and installed the TB upgrade module. Why is there no direct link to the latest zip and I have to go to github? Don't see a reason for this extra step. Followed the standard module install in prestashop. When getting to the "start the migration" section I got confused because no matter what I chose (Stable, testing, etc) It only got me to version 1.0.1 I get that version 1.0.4 is not upgradable but why don't I get the 1.0.3 version. Also why get me the option for beta etc if none is available So I ignored this and did the upgrade to 1.0.1 upgrading went well. After that I had to find a way to get to 1.0.4 or better 1.0.3 since 1.0.4 is not upgradeble Since the devs know that a user can't migrade from PS to 1.0.4 why is there not even a link to the migrade page or a simple mention Next step is installing the upgrade module. Same thing on why there is no direct link to the module and I have to go github Upgrading with the instructions when smooth enough and I got to version 1.0.3. Now up to upgrade to 1.0.4. I know already that I can't upgrade to 1.0.4 So I logically go to download 1.0.4 from the download page Again I see consistancy problems as I don't see version 1.0.4 not mentioned in the version history. Also why is there no mention that version 1.0.4 is not upgradeble from previous versions? A link with "Upgrading from 1.0.3" with a link to the https://thirtybees.com/blog/version-1-0-4-has-been-released/ page would be nice From the whole process only the sql https://github.com/thirtybees/patchscripts/blob/master/sql/1.0.4.sql got me an error while running it in phpmyadmin. Since I am only testing I left it for now I upgraded all the module in the BO and all went well. The only real problem I have is that the import script gives me a Warning: Illegal offset type in /home/site/public_html/classes/ObjectModel.php on line 1070 Issues so far: I have strange problem where gzip doesn't seems to work as gtmetrix says. Also Minify HTML is worst compared to the original PS site
The a2 hosting has a much faster disks (ssd) and the load time compared is half. If I have time I will upload the original ps shop on the a2 hosting server to have a better comparsion. Final thoughts: Is thirtybees worth the upgrade. YES. The migration proccess could be much smoother though. The main "problem" is that the thirtybees site needs some more attention. eg the lack of mention of version 1.0.4 on the https://thirtybees.com/download/ page is typical example. I have said it in the past that the thirtybees site doesn't represents the quality of the platform itself. That 's all for now... :-)

• 5 months later...

Hey nickon,

Did you managed to solve the problem relating Warning: Illegal offset type in /home/site/public_html/classes/ObjectModel.php on line 1070 ??

We are trying to connect TB to our ERP through Webservice and this error keeps showing up every time we try to import a product.

We are desperate :(