thirty bees forum

Layered Navigation and Advanced Search

jnsgioia

Question

Would it be possible to tweak the layered navigation module so that it could be used as an avanced search? Or is there an advanced search module out there that I could use? We sell used, rare and out-of-print books and our customers are accustomed to searching by author, publisher, and other bibliographic terms. I have added these as features but the drop down list gets a bit unwieldly when you have over 1000 different books. The quick search works, but returns too many items for people who are used to putting the author in a field and the title in a field etc.

7 answers to this question

I actually stopped using the layed navigation module completely. I would still like to have some kind of advanced search function because book buyers are used to using one. I know how to create a form and query with MS Access, but haven't tried with MySQL and html :)

@jnsgioia said in Layered Navigation and Advanced Search:

Would it be possible to tweak the layered navigation module so that it could be used as an avanced search? Or is there an advanced search module out there that I could use? We sell used, rare and out-of-print books and our customers are accustomed to searching by author, publisher, and other bibliographic terms. I have added these as features but the drop down list gets a bit unwieldly when you have over 1000 different books. The quick search works, but returns too many items for people who are used to putting the author in a field and the title in a field etc.

it would be awesome if thirtybess implement layered filter in pages like: search result pages category pages brand pages