thirty bees forum

Lets customer choose the content of the pack

rubben1985

Hi, My business is about customized skin care using a device+some cartridges that provide the treatment. I sell the device and the cartridges but I also sell a pack with both parts (cartridges are different for each person). The idea is letting the customer choose the content of its pack, but after a lot of searching I do not find a good solution. What I need is the following: Customer enter the pack product. He has to decides each part (por example: type of device+up to 5 different cartridges). The important thing here is that the cartridges are products, no combinations because I also sell them individually. Every pack has fixed price.

I have found some modules: - Attribute wizard from: the problem is it manage combination, no products, so stock is not correctly controlled (the stock of the product I sell individually is not affected by pack sellings). -Attribute wizard pro: each attribute can have stock so it could work as a product, but this stock is NOT connected with the individually sold product stock -step by step product : it could work but interface is not good at all and it is not fluid (for example doing clic in the product you want to add to the pack, it goes to the product page so I exit the pack creation) advance pack 5: it works well with stock but products to be included in the pack have to be decided by me so is not the customer that can decide.

Any ideas?

I think for simple approach you need something like bundle discount, whrn buy product A you can get discount for buy product B, C, D, E... . And then put banner on device products.

Yes concept of pack is product thats already decided, so customer cannot customize. About solid solution I never found that kind of module. Maybe others has some experience with this

Hi, I would try this module "Step by step product package": https://addons.prestashop.com/pl/sprzedaz-krzyzowa-pakiety-produktow/20221-step-by-step-products-pack.html

There's a demo front and backoffice.

I myself use the "Product options and customization" module of the same developer. This module can also be used to build any product package (there is also a demo version), but the one mentioned above is probably more suited to your needs.

@arek_karnia thanks for the suggestion. Yes, it is one of the three I thought about, but it has interface problems :S . In panda theme, for example, doing click in the product itself get you out of the pack creation (you have to do click exactly in "add to the cart" to avoid going out). Just an example