thirty bees forum

Needed for new users - updates should be included in new installations of latest version

alwayspaws

Question

• I've been reading several posts and see that there are various fixes and updates for many issues.

Are these updates being incorporated into the very latest thirty bees install as soon as they are discovered and fixed? Whether they are minor issues or not, when brand new visitors come along, how would they know where to start with updates?

If you don't incorporate all the updates into the initial install and the initial migration tool, can you notify us in one summary post per day or per week as to what we should update?

To me, constant updates are a major concern, since I'm still working on getting my products on my original site. I want to wait to install thirty bees or migrate until I have at least one working site.

If I'm understanding correctly, I can install thirty bees and import my categories and products, as well as copy the contents of my CSS pages and other information from my current site over to thirty bees. Is this correct?

I'm not a programmer or software developer, so it isn't as easy for me to play around with code as it is for many people here.

Thank you very much for all the help each of you provide!

11 answers to this question

Upgrading modules is even easier: just go to the page listing modules. This connects to the modules server and looks for upgrades. If there are upgrades, the modules' menu will turn from 'Configure' to 'Upgrade'. Selecting this executes the upgrade.

Thank you @Traumflug I did that originally but it didn't show anything helpful so I Googled each and one is related to Buffer and the other to Crowdfire. Buffer says that this is how Google interprets their cookies. They are add ons in my google toolbar. Problem Solved.

This is what one cookie looks like when opened: 0_1495544608033_Screen Shot 2017-05-23 at 8.59.01 AM.jpg

It's screwy but:

Crowdfire - Chrome Web Store https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/.../jgnbklefkgedfbpjebhjgibfnobjcbli?hl=e... Rating: 4.1 - ‎53 votes - ‎Free - ‎Chrome

I have their chrome extension. Same for buffer.com:

Buffer 2.13.27 crx for chrome | ChromeApps.co https://chromeapps.co/buffer/noojglkidnpfjbincgijbaiedldjfbhh/ Buffer is the best way to share great content

Reply received from Buffer:

"Yes, you are right that it is a Buffer cookie. We have the same string of letters at the end of the link to download our extension: "https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/buffer/noojglkidnpfjbincgijbaiedldjfbhh?hl=en." This is string is how Chrome recognizes our extension. When you search your Cookies area for "Buffer," this odd cookie should also pop up.

I'm sorry for the oddness with it, and I just wanted to make sure you knew that it's a legitimate cookie so you don't have trouble in the future."