thirty bees forum

How to keep categories in left column

jfnewell1965

Question

OK, so my site is probably a little "old school" boring, but I am trying to keep a consistent left column throughout the site.

It all seems pretty good, but I notice as I step through the categories and sub-categories, eventually the "categories" block disappears.

For example, given a left column that has:

• Category Block
  • Blog Categories Block
  • Tag Block
  • Etc.

And in the Category Block I have :

• Shoes
    • Red Shoes
      • Size 10 Red Shoes

When the user clicks on the last subcategory "Size 10 Red Shoes", then the "Category Block" disappears and the left column structure is now:

<------Notice Category Block is gone and Blog Categories Block is at the top of the left column

• Blog Categories Block
  • Tag Block
  • Etc.

Clicking the home button of course returns everything to the left column, and the user can then select their next category from there, but it would be nice if the Category Block was always in the left column.

Is this possible, or is this just the way it is?

You can see it in action at:
https://www.cigarboxguitarfactory.com
(Please note that I changed the Category Block Header From "Categories" to "Our Products"

8 answers to this question

@AndyC  Makes sense, as I  am using a copy of the default theme.

Not on Thirty Bees, but with another platform, third party apps and themes proved to be so sketchy and poorly implemented that I kind of gave up on the idea of add-ons.

I decided to get a working default platform up and running from end to end, and then once I had a safe copy, start with add-ons if I needed them.

I know ,unfortunately I have had no choice as a lot of things needed adding so have had to try and keep with TB theme as best I can.. The ones I have bought seem to work very well so far straight out the box , so hoping they will be OK in the future. I chose TB as it has such a friendly and helpful forum.

I am working on the top bar to become categories drop down , so that is a option for me just need to test it when I get time as adding products is high priority 

I am using TB Block Categories to get the categories to show .. If I disable it everything disappears under categories list . SO I've left it like that , I really struggled to get them to show even after installing the panda demo with side categories (No 7)