thirty bees forum

How to fix USPS shipping carrier by weight - first class rate correct; priority rate shows maximum amount

alwayspaws

I'm testing shipping charges and I put a one ounce item in the cart. USPS first class mail is correct at $3.25, but USPS Priority mail is charging the maximum amount I have set, which is $14.95.

Is there a way to fix this? Here are the two shipping options:

0_1497396700058_incorrect USPS shipping charge for one ounce item.jpg

and here are my shipping charges settings for priority mail:

0_1497396869212_USPS PRIORITY MAIL -  NEW SETTINGS THIRTY BEES shipping carriers configured.jpg

@jnsgioia said in How to fix USPS shipping carrier by weight - first class rate correct; priority rate shows maximum amount:

@alwayspaws I think the problem is that your chart has the weights starting at 0.8125 lbs which is 13 oz which put your 1 oz item Out-of-range and so charged the highest possible amount.

Thank you. I thought that would fix it but it doesn't.

I changed the first weight in the priority mail setting to 14 ounces. First class mail is still charging correctly and priority mail is still charging the highest rate.

Do you have any other suggestions please?

@Traumflug I am using parts of a pound like it shows in my screenshot. :)

@jnsgioia I changed the highest weight of the USPS First class mail to be 0.812500 and disabled out of range behavior.

I began the USPS Priority Mail with a weight of more than or equal to: 0.820000 and disabled out of range behavior.

This seems to be working, but is it correct?

@Traumflug I am using parts of a pound like it shows in my screenshot way above.

@jnsgioia I changed the highest weight of the USPS First class mail to be 0.812500 and disabled out of range behavior.

I began the USPS Priority Mail with a weight of more than or equal to: 0.820000 and disabled out of range behavior.

This seems to be working. My screenshot shows USPS PM $16.95 which is the maximum I set.

0_1497475705170_thirty bees shopping cart summary testing shipping.jpg