thirty bees forum

Square payment processor?

vzex

I'm sure there are much more important things on the to do list but if there is a TB wish list section, PLEASE add square.com payments.

It seems 99% of US crafters use this form of credit card payment and one simple post to Etsy would bring a lot of users to TB to create their own web sites!

The api is available but a bit beyond my skills! https://squareup.com/developers

@vzex said in Square payment processor?:

I'm sure there are much more important things on the to do list but if there is a TB wish list section, PLEASE add square.com payments.

It seems 99% of US crafters use this form of credit card payment and one simple post to Etsy would bring a lot of users to TB to create their own web sites!

The api is available but a bit beyond my skills! https://squareup.com/developers

API is beyond my skills, too. That's what the other people are here for. :)

I like that idea, too, because to be able to show my products in person and get paid by credit card with the little device that connects to phones and tablets would be wonderful! See it at https://squareup.com/.

Here's a comparison of square vs PayPal. I haven't used either mobile card reader ... yet!

https://www.merchantmaverick.com/square-vs-paypal/

and a plethora of info you didn't know you wanted to know about. lol.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/square-vs-intuit-gopayment-vs-paypal-here-mobile-credit-card-processors/2/

I second that @alwayspaws! Currently do off line payments or square invoices. There's just a lot of square users, not sure how many would/have paid $150 for a module.

But honestly, after spending so many hours trying to fix things the price is probably very reasonable for the developer's expertise, just not in my budget. The main need of an online store is payment!

@vzex Payment is the keyword here!

When I used to be able to afford to buy, I always paid or donated, but that was then (3 years ago) and this is now. Once I begin making money it will be a different story. As it is, I give little donations when I can because something is better than nothing and I always want to show my appreciation for other people's hard work and help.

@alwayspaws

So sorry! Missed your question!

Do you already have a square account?

If not here is a sign up referral for $1000 free processing within 180 days of account set up https://squareup.com/i/3A892D7A

If you signed up on your own already you should be able to just order a reader on the bottom left of your square admin!

Also, I highly recommend comparing amazon prices against square's prices for the upgraded chip reader.

When I got mine last year the chip reader stand (nice heavy weight to it) and chip reader were cheaper than through square!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

@vzex You May be interested in this news

Apple Pay on the web is coming to more places online starting today thanks to Square Checkout. Square is enabling support for Apple Pay on the web for all Square Checkout sellers, and support won’t require any update or code change.

https://9to5mac.com/2017/09/27/apple-pay-web-square-checkout/#more-501843

Heh, square sent an email with a questionnaire just the other day asking why I don't use their service anymore :)

Told them I moved to stripe since they missed the boat on ecommerce. I was in their pilot program so been using them since the beginning.

Love square in person card processing though and will use their chip reader as needed for in person sales but web store was non existent until they released their api. Only other option was to process cards offline on my iphone and pay a higher fee.

Since moving to stripe using TB stripe module it's quick and painless, except for the two week hold on funds. Square deposited within a day or two.

Instead of all their political ventures square could have focused more on making their service/api available to web stores instead of only paid modules to use them.

A mix of stripe and square would be perfect, since stripe only has third party card readers. Square's chip reader is fast and works great.

I wasn't able to add apple pay to stripe, unless I missed something in the stripe module set up it looks like you need to apply for the $99/year apple developer

I'm currently dealing with the excessive emails...not sure who is sending what at this point.

Oh great, stripe sends them as well? Missed that. Haven't had anyone complain yet though. Once stripe is set up no real additional steps unless you log in to their dashboard to make sure all is correct.

If I update tracking number in BO an email goes out but isn't supposed to? I turned off all the others.

Tried shipstation but uninstalled, don't like leaving BO not sure what emails they send.

Currently using AfterShip supposedly what Etsy uses and you can choose what emails are sent but pay for some of them.

Honestly see no difference having USPS clicknship send the emails and that service is free I'm on USPS.com printing labels anyway just tick the send customer updates. Done.

AfterShip is just another screen to log into. Using up my $10 credit and then that's probably it.

Check out IOS deliveries app love it! I enter or scan my USPS packages right from my phone into it. Also great for tracking your own shopping trackings! :) Easier to track than logging on to web pages!

Probably staying with using that app and get rid of all these other tracking options that just create more accounts to log into.

In a perfect ecommerce world, all of these trackings/updates, livezilla and even postage label printing/purchases would be in the back office :)

@vzex said in Square payment processor?:

Oh great, stripe sends them as well? Missed that. Haven't had anyone complain yet though. Once stripe is set up no real additional steps unless you log in to their dashboard to make sure all is correct.

Yes, Stripe sends and reminds you and sends unless they updated it since 2 years ago.

Honestly see no difference having USPS clicknship send the emails and that service is free I'm on USPS.com printing labels anyway just tick the send customer updates. Done.

I really like USPS clicknship.

Check out IOS deliveries app love it! I enter or scan my USPS packages right from my phone into it. Also great for tracking your own shopping trackings! :) Easier to track than logging on to web pages!

This app looks good but have to check it out on my iOS devices... soon.

I'm glad you experimented with all these different shipping services.

BTW I also used GoShippo which was / is excellent and money saving because you get discounts on the shipping even if you're a low volume shipper.

Forgot about goshippo!

Used them a couple times last year when USPS click n ship updated their website and didn't add regional rate boxes. All heck broke loose until they did. Goshippo still had regional rate available.

I mostly ship regional rate since those bigger boxes are usually cheaper than a smaller regular priority box.