thirty bees forum

Free Shipping Issue

Russ

Question

Hi Guys,

• My store is only enabled for the UK. 
  • I created One carrier 'Royal Mail' with Free shipping and all weights and size and range options set at '0' - ie free shipping for everything.. - I can't see where to enable any zones for this carrier Tab 2 hints at it but only deals with 'Out of Ranges'
  • Group Access: Visitor, Guest, Customer
  • I assigned the only carrier, Royal Mail, to each product.

Now I see this in the cart (1 Page) for an existing customer under 'Delivery Methods': "The product selection cannot be delivered by the available carrier(s). Please amend your cart."

Then under "Please Choose Your Payment Method" - 'Error: None of your chosen carriers deliver to the address you have selected'

I have seen some other problems regarding this type of thing on other posts but not this exact one -

I have gone over and over this but must be missing something  here Guys? - Please make me look stupid 😁

3 answers to this question

12 hours ago, Wartin said:

Hi! I hope not to make you feel stupid, we all have been there!

Did you choose any zone in your new carrier, below ranges?

image.png.58d2cf65cfbaba17c63219ef2b298a4d.png

Thanks Wartin, I have now - I disabled free shipping in Tab Shipping Locations and Costs then enabled Europe and Europe (non eu) -Just in case Britain falls under that with Brexit-. I set them both to 0.00. I then did it based on Cost >0.00 = £0.00 and <£10000 = £0.00 - I left the size and weight tab all set to 0.00 and enabled Visitor, Guest and Customer.

The Summary tab now says:
This carrier is not free and the delivery announced is: 2/3 days.

The shipping cost is calculated according to the price and the tax rule No tax will be applied.

This carrier can deliver orders from 0.00 £ to 10000.00 £. If the order is out of range, the behavior is to Apply the cost of the highest defined range.

This carrier will be proposed for those delivery zones
  • Europe
  • Europe (non-EU)
And it will be proposed for those client groups
  • Visitor
  • Customer

The upshot of that it now gives me free postage and works after several orders. 💃

I hope this helps somebody else later on - BUT really shouldn't you just be able to enable Free Shipping and that's it? - The coding must have errors somewhere (but that's definitely not my domain!)

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU 

Edited by Russ
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Russ said:

BUT really shouldn't you just be able to enable Free Shipping and that's it?

I had the same problem with free shipping (setting pick up at store), and I had to disable free shipping and setting shipping prices at 0 just like you. I think it is a bug. I'm not sure if it's fixed in latest version. You should upgrade to bleeding edge 1.1.x, as this is the stable and more updated version of thirtybees.

Good luck!

• Like 1