thirty bees forum

Guest checkout - no customer emails.

MattR

Question

Hi 

When a customer checks out as a Guest no emails are sent to them. Even when I manually "resend email" on the order status page I get an error that the email was unable to send. 

Has anyone experienced this or know of a fix, other than turning off guest checkout?

I've just realised that it was a completely different reason. Coincidentally all guest checkouts had a whitespace after their email - removing that in the customer details allowed the email to be manually sent.

Is there a way to automatically ignore spaces after an email address to allow it to send?

Thanks

Edited by MattR
different cause

2 answers to this question

11 hours ago, MattR said:

I've just realised that it was a completely different reason. Coincidentally all guest checkouts had a whitespace after their email - removing that in the customer details allowed the email to be manually sent.

See if the input where the customer writes it's email address has an space as a value before writing.

No, there is no whitespace there before entry. I think their device just auto-filling the email with a trailing space.

I assume I could adjust validate.js but then it would throw up email address not valid to the customer? Would the better way be to just trim the whitespaces? I'm way beyond my capabilities here! 😅

Edited by MattR