thirty bees forum

Custom field checkbox - admin product page

Adik

Hello,

I would like to create an additional checkbox in the Quantities tab on Admin Product Page. After checking the Ext_warehouse checkbox, the information on the product's availability in external storage will appear on the product page.  So much for the theory, below the code 🙂

quantities.tpl

<div class="form-group">
    <div class="col-lg-1">
        <span class="pull-right">{include file="controllers/products/multishop/checkbox.tpl" field="ext_warehouse" type="checkbox" multilang="false"}</span></div>
    <label class="control-label col-lg-2" for="ext_warehouse">
        <span class="label-tooltip" data-toggle="tooltip" title="{l s='external Warehouse'">
            {l s='external Warehouse'}
        </span>
    </label>
    <div class="col-lg-9">
        <input class="admin-form-check form-control" type="checkbox" id="ext_warehouse" name="ext_warehousee" value="1" {if $product->ext_warehouse}checked{/if}/>
    </div>
</div>

added to override/classes/Product.php:

public $ext_warehouse = false;
    function __construct( $id_product = null, $full = false, $id_lang = null, $id_shop = null, Context $context = null ) {
         Product::$definition['fields']['ext_warehouse'] = 
                array('type' => self::TYPE_BOOL, 'lang' => false, 'validate' => 'isBool');
}

I've created override/controllers/admin/AdminProductsController.php:

class AdminProductsController extends AdminProductsControllerCore {
    protected function copyFromPost(&$object, $table) {
        if ( $this->isTabSubmitted( 'Quantities' ) ) {
            if ( $this->checkMultishopBox( 'ext_warehouse', $this->context ) ) {
                $object->ext_warehouse = (int) Tools::getValue( 'ext_warehouse' );
            }

}
    }
}

Unfortunately, an error appears on the product page: Product not found

There's also error on Admin product page: The object cannot be loaded (or found)

Edited by Adik

You need to call parent constructor in your override file. It should look something like this

class Product extends ProductCore
{
    public $ext_warehouse = false;

function __construct( $id_product = null, $full = false, $id_lang = null, $id_shop = null, Context $context = null ) {
        static::$definition['fields']['ext_warehouse'] = array('type' => self::TYPE_BOOL, 'lang' => false, 'validate' => 'isBool');

parent::__construct($id_product, $full, $id_lang, $id_shop, $context);
    }

}

Also, you need to create the field in database table, but I guess you already did that.

Hello Petr,

Thank you, could you look what's wrong with override/controllers/admin/AdminProductsController.php

the translations in the fields below (Products->Quantities) are not saved anymore

Displayed text when in-stock
Displayed text when backordering is allow

protected function copyFromPost(&$object, $table) {
        if ( $this->isTabSubmitted( 'Quantities' ) ) {
            if ( $this->checkMultishopBox( 'ext_warehouse', $this->context ) ) {
            }

}
    }

Edited by Adik

Ok, now it's works when I've added

parent::copyFromPost($object, $table);

Unfortunately only in test store. 😶

In the production shop (also ThirtyBees v1.1.0, I've use Cloudflare), when I save in admin panel product Qty tab the values in the tb_product table do not change. What's wrong here?

If I change the values in the tb_product table, they are read correctly in the admin panel product tab... Code is 1:1 copied. File cache/class_index.php was deleted.

Another difference that reminded me. The test store was installed from the 1.1.0 installer, the production version was updated several times (initial is 1.0.2)

Production store - Obsolete files (11)

• admin/go-to-product.php
  • admin/ajax-load-states-form.php
  • admin/go-to-customer.php
  • admin/ajax-get-order-details.php
  • admin/CoreUpdaterBackup-2020-10-10--17-37-06
  • admin/ajax-get-immediate-orders.php
  • admin/ajax-set-order-state.php
  • admin/ajax-get-orders-fields.php
  • admin/ajax-update-shipping-number.php

Peter - do you have any idea what could be the reason for this? 😥

Edited by Adik

I checked on the second store, which was updated several times - saving by the admin panel also does not work. How can I find out what is causing the problem? Disable each module?

Edited by Adik

You should put debug in various place to figure out what's wrong.

I would start by changing copyFromPost, and adding something like this 

d(['ext_warehouse' => Tools::getValue('ext_warehouse')]);

i

On 10/22/2020 at 12:08 PM, datakick said:

You should put debug in various place to figure out what's wrong.

Do you have any idea what else can be checked?

Can the datakick module be used to check stock levels from an external xml file (access via FTP) and then change the status of products?

Edited by Adik

14 minutes ago, Adik said:

Do you have any idea what else can be checked?

There are many things that could be wrong. You need to look into the code, follow the flow, and print debug messages along the way. That will lead you to the root cause

14 minutes ago, Adik said:

Can the datakick module be used to check stock levels from an external xml file (access via FTP) and then change the status of products?

Yes. Datakick contains xml import functionality that can be used for that purpose

5 hours ago, datakick said:

Yes. Datakick contains xml import functionality that can be used for that purpose

Are you planning to add support for csv files in the this year? Many vendors export their data in this format.