thirty bees forum

Editing css in cache only

loetje88

Hi all,

I have a fresh install tb 1.1 and i am trying to alter the community theme to my likings , eg : editing the max width for the pages to 95% in stead of the 1170 px.

Unfortunately, the inspection tool only links me to pages in the cache, where it will work - until i empty my cachhe.
I have cache turned of and set to force compilation, but pages in cache are not the place i would need them since i would like to clear my cache if i want to.

I would expect something like a global.css file, but this does not has the code .

What am i doing wrong? 

Edited by loetje88

backoffice > preferences > custom code > add css to pages
Find out if you can reach it easily on your screen; the link is right near the bottom of the preferences menu by default. 

browser showing a test site > right click > inspect 
Experiement - it sounds as though you have done this already. On my Chrome browser, right-clicking again on the highlighted part brings up a menu with "copy selector" and "copy styles" as options. 

Paste experiments onto the "add css to pages" box of a test site to make them stick.

I hope I've understood right!

Edited by veganline
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, veganline said:

backoffice > preferences > custom code > add css to pages
Find out if you can reach it easily on your screen; the link is right near the bottom of the preferences menu by default. 

browser showing a test site > right click > inspect 
Experiement - it sounds as though you have done this already. On my Chrome browser, right-clicking again on the highlighted part brings up a menu with "copy selector" and "copy styles" as options. 

Paste experiments onto the "add css to pages" box of a test site to make them stick.

I hope I've understood right!

Hi vegaline!

Thanks for the tips!

I think i have tried to add this in the custom css, but unfortunately it gave an error.

What i have copied and pasted was 

@media (min-width: 1200px)
.container {
width: 95%;
}

This would be the right code to paste right?
This was done by the inspect tool indeed from chrome as well, but when i paste this in the custom css section, it gives me an unknown rule error on the first line.

Am i overlooking something?

Thanks again! 

• 2 weeks later...