thirty bees forum

Statistics

Havouza

On 8/19/2022 at 8:04 PM, Havouza said:

From where does TB gget the standard statistics shown when you choose statistics? I have never seen so inaccurate figures ever. We have also Matomo installed to compare and the built in statistics is a joke

Hi,

Which statistics seem completely crazy to you?

One od them is the registered cookies for guests. When We moved server 2 weeks ago there was 2.5 million rows in the database. Meaning about 1200 visitors per day since we opened the shop 6 years ago. That is ofc fairytail. Or yesterday the statistics module say the shop had 619 visitors when it had 5. Fairytail. For what purpose. This has been the case also whith PS. We now use Matomo/Piwik and Statcounter and they both give the exact same figures, very far from the shop module.

Probably you are using an old version of thirty bees and you have not made the necessary corrections to not take into account the robots in the statistics as I talk about it in this old article: https://www.mediacom87.fr/en/how-to-correct-prestashop-statistics/

And if your database fills up too quickly with perishable data, you can always delete them automatically as this module proposes: https://store.thirtybees.com/shop-modules/administration/automate-the-cleaning-of-your-prestashop-store

I use 1.4 so not that old. We have always used the latest version AND have a very strict robots.txt. So that is no excuse. The diff between 619 visitors and 5 yesterday has nothing to do with any of it. I will now clean out as much statistic modules as I can without breaking the system. There are more reliable free alternatives out there. Rant over

6 minutes ago, Havouza said:

I use 1.4 so not that old. We have always used the latest version AND have a very strict robots.txt. So that is no excuse. The diff between 619 visitors and 5 yesterday has nothing to do with any of it. I will now clean out as much statistic modules as I can without breaking the system. There are more reliable free alternatives out there. Rant over

That's fine if everything is going well for you, but you confirm that the corrections I refer to in my article are well taken into account in the 1.4 version of thirty bees, which is not yet an officially stable version.