thirty bees forum

Dark theme [Please somebody help!]

zach193563

Question

Hiya,

My names Zach; this is my first post here, so nice to meet you all. Long story short.... I am the sole guy responsible for the technical side of a eCommerce store. After months of me begging the owners to switch to thirty bees, they agreed. We now run the latest version and all works fine. 

However, we're getting strong criticism from customers and also staff who are saying its too white as we use the basic theme. They all say the same that it strains their eyes and it's not nice. In the feedback, they all said they'd prefer it if the site was black. I changed the background color in the global.css but then the store overall looks horrid as modules etc are white, its just a NIGHTMARE to do. 

I found this module on PrestaShop (Dark mode for every shop - switch between two themes (prestashop.com)) which does exactly what we are looking for. Sadly, it is not compatible with Thirty Bees as its for 1.7+. Please somebody give me ideas. This has been going on for a month now and I have been told that if I cannot change the colour of the front and back office to black, they'll either need to consider going back to PrestaShop. It's been really stressful for me. I do not want us to go away from thirty bees as I have been repping thirty bees to all my friends and colleagues since the very beginning.

I don't know if this is the right category. I don't even know what I am asking for. Whether its someone who can convert this module for thirty bees or if someone can recommend me a black theme that works. I ideally don't want to have go find new pictures etc. That's why I liked the Niara theme (we currently uee Niara) as its just so simple, you just add a product image, get the featured module and they appear on your homescreen. 

Does anyone know anyway I can do this with Niara for the front and back office?

The way things are looking, we are actively willing to pay somebody who is able to do this for us. We are a small business making bespoke products so we'd be looking arounds the 100 GBP (115 USD) area. However, once it is made, we would be willing to open-source this on GitHub for the rest of the community to use as it is something that is beneficial for everybody.

Many thanks,

Zach! 

7 answers to this question

1 hour ago, nickz said:

Is there no Dark mode Module for Prestashop 1.6 available?

https://github.com/CoeurBis/Prestashop1.6-Admin-Theme-Dark 

for admin

https://addons.prestashop.com/en/page-customization/51559-dark-mode-auto.html

switch between. Not tested though, handle with care and have a backup, files and DB.

Got an update. Sadly the admin theme only seems to work for the login page. When I go ahead and actually add that css for the thirtybees default theme none of the icons load and its all misconfigured. That admin only does seem to be for the login sadly ;(