thirty bees forum

Sitemap doesn't incude attachements

Dolfijn

Question

I'm using the SEO sitemap module and i did not check the option to exclude attachements. But, they are nowhere to be found in the sitemap. The attachements in my case are datasheets, so valuable from a SEO point of view. Google doesn't index them. First, because they where blocked in robots.txt (if have fixed that) but now it is 'complaining' that they are not found in the sitemap.

I'm happy to have a look at the code by myself but I can't locate it. I would have expected it somewhere in the Admin folders but can't find it. So, where is it 🙂

Edited by Dolfijn

4 answers to this question

Posted (edited)

Sorry, I missed your reply. Thanks  for the  clarification.

I find on the Internet that you can put them in the sitemap, but only  as a  location. Also,  google does index pdf files :-)

Only question I still have is where the TB code that generates the sitemap is  located. Can't find it 😞

Edited by Dolfijn

2 hours ago, Dolfijn said:

Only question I still have is where the TB code that generates the sitemap is  located

The site map is generated by the "Sitemap" module, that is, the location /modules/sitemap/.
Google is the biggest virus and spy of the internet 🙂
If you embed a PDF file on a CMS page or a product page, google will scrape its location from the code of the page in question and index it for sure.