thirty bees forum

Mail Alerts Module not working

JamesBlond008

Question

18 answers to this question

Check what Michael said. In BO, Advanced parameters -> Email you will see a log of all out going emails. Check by the time and date and see if the email was sent to you (you should see your email in the recipient column). If you do see a row with you email as recipient and a template 'new_order' than the system did sent the email to you, and it was probably got lost/blocked in your email server.

@yaniv14 said in Mail Alerts Module not working:

Check what Michael said. In BO, Advanced parameters -> Email you will see a log of all out going emails. Check by the time and date and see if the email was sent to you (you should see your email in the recipient column). If you do see a row with you email as recipient and a template ‘new_order’ than the system did sent the email to you, and it was probably got lost/blocked in your email server.

I only see the the line with the new_order to my Shop Mail before MIgration to TB from PS.

I tried it with a Test Order and recieved as Customer the confirmation, but nothing goes to my Shop Email.

I Uninstalled the Module and Installed it again. If i click now the Buy Button in the FrontEnd i get a White Screen with a message:

Fehler - Die folgende E-Mail-Vorlage ist nicht vorhanden: /my/path/prestashop/modules/mailalerts/mails/en/new_order.txt

English: Error - The following e-mail template does not exist:

@mdekker Check your comment above. Just examined the piece of code that’s responsible: https://github.com/thirtybees/mailalerts/blob/6812b9fa7252a74afb3815cecdc85db79e7853c8/mailalerts.php#L680-L696 It basically means that if there are no translations available and English is not active, it will not send a mail to prevent it from crashing. Do you have translated templates?

Not any overrides, just pure TB 1.0.3 Installation You have to make changes into code of that module, if there are no mail templates to currently installed languages, always to use the English templates, so such things to not happen again.

[quote] It basically means that if there are no translations available and English is not active, it will not send a mail to prevent it from crashing. [/quote]

Next release should check if there are translated templates in /mails/xx, and if is empty to fall back to English.