thirty bees forum

Tutorial on Setting up the PayPal Module (PayPal v4.0.0 - by Thirty Bees)

alwayspaws

Question

@mdekker @lesley I would like to enter the information in my post in the Merchants Guide - Modules and Services - Payment section if it is correct and you approve it.

I believe it would go here, but wherever it belongs, please let me know. Thanks!

https://docs.thirtybees.com/merchants-guide/modules-services/#payment

Tutorial on Setting up the PayPal Module (PayPal v4.0.0 - by Thirty Bees)

In admin, go to Modules and Services, List of Modules, Payments and Gateways.

Click "Configure" in PayPal v4.0.0 - by Thirty Bees "Accepts payments by credit cards (CB, Visa, MasterCard, Amex, Aurore, Cofinoga, 4 stars) with PayPal."

Next, open a new browser window and go here:

https://developer.paypal.com/ (or here: https://developer.paypal.com/developer/applications/) and log in.

Please note that sometimes you have to double-click to get a submenu from the left side of the page to open. For example, if you scroll down to the "LIVE" menu and click "Transactions", if single-clicking doesn't work, double click it! (I added this first to avoid frustration.)

1. Log in with your normal PayPal credentials. (email and password).

2. Click "dashboard" at the top right of the page.

3. Scroll down until you find: REST API apps

"Create an app to receive REST API credentials for testing and live transactions."

1. Click the button that says "Create App".

2. If you see a circle going around until it gives up, manage your cookie blocking:

Check third party cookies. Allow paypalobjects.com and two long, weird strings (which is what I had in Google Chrome) or whatever you see that is PayPal-related and blocked.

1. Refresh the page or log out and log back in and proceed with Steps 2, 3 and 4.

2. Create New App:

Enter an App name that is related to your website and business.

1. In this same section, under the App Name, make sure the correct email is listed under "Sandbox developer account".

2. Click the Create App button.

3. COPY AND SAVE your SANDBOX API CREDENTIALS.

4. Scroll down to "SANDBOX APP SETTINGS" and choose the feature options you need. SAVE.

5. At the top of the page, click the "Sandbox/Live" slider button to get your LIVE CREDENTIALS.

6. COPY AND SAVE your LIVE API CREDENTIALS.

7. Scroll down to "LIVE APP SETTINGS", enter your return URL and choose the feature options you need. SAVE.

8. If you get lost or forgot to save your API CREDENTIALS for Sandbox and/or Live, go back to the top right and click "dashboard" and then click (or double-click) the menu / submenu on the left side.

More info:

A. From left side menu, under Sandbox, click "Accounts" and see your records (accounts) listed.

B. Click on the email address you want to view information for and it will open two links: "Profile" and "Notifications".

C. "Profile" opens a window of Account Details with Tabs for Profile, API Credentials, Funding and Settings. Click each to view and make sure the information is correct.

D. Copy all that info down and save it in your password vault in case you can't find it again!

Note: for the "API Credentials" tab I saw "Classic TEST API Credentials". I copied and saved them, as well.

If any info does not match or you don't recognize it and a developer, or other person, has not set up your account, contact PayPal.

I hope this is helpful.

13 answers to this question

Perhaps it would be good to add some more to the tutorial. It is important to advise the merchant that both sandbox and live credentials are important. The text under the Go Live button is not really correct. If live credentials is used but the Live mode is off, then it stop working, not going to sandbox as the text suggest, Perhaps the text should also be changed or even better develop a way to have both credentials registered in the module

@mdekker @twistcapmedia

Perhaps it would be good to add some more to the tutorial. It is important to advise the merchant that both sandbox and live credentials are important. The text under the Go Live button is not really correct. If live credentials is used but the Live mode is off, then it stop working, not going to sandbox as the text suggest, Perhaps the text should also be changed or even better develop a way to have both credentials registered in the module

Oh thank you! And I see, however I always read the manuals before I do anything unlike most people unfortunately ? Believe me, reading docs and manuals save a lot of time and work.

Please read my tutorial, pretty please? It's the only one I can write because I am not a developer. I was / am proud of it and really hoped it would help a lot of people.