thirty bees forum

Free Shipping is showing for every product - how to fix this?

alwayspaws

Question

8 answers to this question

Greetings,

In my personal experiences, using the free shipping that's built in is horrible :(

Instead I would advise the following:

• Navigate to Shipping - Carriers
  • Create a new Carrier
  • Ex: Name: Free Shipping (Over $40) Billing: According to Price Will be applied when price greater than $40 , less than some very large number like 10000 Click your Country, and put 0 next to it. Set the rest of the options that you would like and wallah, they have a free shipping option.

@twistcapmedia said in Free Shipping is showing for every product - how to fix this?:

Greetings,

In my personal experiences, using the free shipping that's built in is horrible :(

Instead I would advise the following:

• Navigate to Shipping - Carriers
  • Create a new Carrier
  • Ex: Name: Free Shipping (Over $40) Billing: According to Price Will be applied when price greater than $40 , less than some very large number like 10000 Click your Country, and put 0 next to it. Set the rest of the options that you would like and wallah, they have a free shipping option. Oh, and you can go to shipping - preference and set the options to sort by price, that way the free should be auto selected when it applies…

Sounds great! I'll do that now.

So for those confused, The above image is how you would want to setup a custom shipping carrier. In this example, it is set for weight: 0 to .25lbs will charge customer $2.61, .25 to .5lbs will charge $2.75, etc... You will also notice out of range behavior is disabled. This means that if the order weighs more than 1lb, this carrier will be disabled and they will choose another carrier. (for example, usps first class only goes up to 13 oz and then you need to use priority mail for heavier items).

If you wanted free shipping in this manner, then you would change billing according to price, you would set the >= $Free Shipping Amount ($50) and < $Some really big number (10000). Then you would put 0 instead of the 2.61 we have in the example and wallah, you have a free shipping options.