thirty bees forum

WAI-ARIA - web accessibility and Thirty Bees

Manisch

Hello there,

Sooo, is there anyone here who has taken a deeper look into WAI-ARIA attributes and accessibility for people with handicaps for his shop?

In Austria it's already a law to make your shop handicap-friendly, if I'm not mistaking. And probably all EU states will follow "soon".

I was wondering what the typical Thirty Bees shop needs to do for this.

• Is it a feature that could be added in future releases?
  • Can it be done via additional modules?
  • Is it part of the template design?
  • Or do I need to implement the changes manually?

Just a thought, but "if" it can be added as a native feature of Thirty Bees, this could be a great USP as a shop software.

It is mostly template design. Out of the box thirty bees has focused on and fixed a lot of issues, that is not to say there are more that could be fixed. Did you happen to see our blog post on the matter today? https://thirtybees.com/blog/e-commerce-and-accessibility/

@lesley said in WAI-ARIA - web accessibility and Thirty Bees:

It is mostly template design. Out of the box thirty bees has focused on and fixed a lot of issues, that is not to say there are more that could be fixed. Did you happen to see our blog post on the matter today? https://thirtybees.com/blog/e-commerce-and-accessibility/

Ha, what a coincidence! :D I wanted to ask about this for a while...

I'll check out what Chrome's Audits-Function will tell me. But let's say I want to sell in Norway - would my shop be "legal" over there just because My Google-Audits-Score is 100%? Or what else can be done - and automated?