thirty bees forum

Instructions for local installation

hubbobubbo

Hi

I would like to make a localhost installation of TB. I recall struggling with this for PS a couple of years back so before wasting time I wanted to check if someone had step-by-step instructions that are up to date.

I noticed another post about a docker image but it was not clear if it was up to date or working.

What localhost software are you going to use? What tb version are you going to install?

It's real simple to do this. First install your localhost software, like Wampserver, and make sure its working by going to the localhost default site. Setup an alias to host your tb site. Setup a database, and user WITH password. Copy all the tb files to your alias's folder. Then run the tb install, and use your db name, user and password that you just setup.

I managed to get quite far using Xampp VM on my Mac.

The installation has passed and backoffice is working but frontoffice shows these two errors:

Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /opt/lampp/htdocs/thirtybees/modules/blockcart/blockcart.php on line 370

Fatal error: Declaration of StatsRegistrations::getData($layers) must be compatible with StatsModule::getData($layers = NULL) in /opt/lampp/htdocs/thirtybees/modules/statsmodule/stats/statsregistrations.php on line 208

My PHP version is 7.1.7 and this is a vanilla installation of 1.0.4-rc.1

Any suggestions?

Gotcha, it would be better to test the latest source though. They are way beyond what rc1 was. You can follow my instructions, more or less, to get upto latest source. https://thirtybees.com/developer-blog/upgrade-a-1-0-3-site-to-1-0-4-latest-source/ . Since your at 1.0.4rc1, you can skip some steps already. You might look at my guide and decide what to do and what not to. If you need/want my help I can provide you some...