thirty bees forum

how to get rid of all the photo except default ones?

Beeta

Question

I'm in the middle of an import from Virtuemart => external service => TB.

I have all the products with multiple images (double/triple/quadruple) caused from something gone wrong with some syncs in the past.

What can I do to delete from every TB products (database and filesystem) all the images except the default ones?

p.s. AFAIK prestools mass edit can't do that

1 answer to this question

That depends on how the images have been inserted in the database. If each product has one image that is "cover" then it is relatively simple - assuming you are familiar with mysql and PHP. You get then in pseudocode the following: SELECT idimage AS myimage FROM tbimage WHERE cover IS NULL foreach myimage DELETE FROM tbimage WHERE idimage=myimage DELETE FROM tbimagelang WHERE idimage=myimage DELETE FROM tbimageshop WHERE idimage=myimage

That is the database part. But you will also want to delete the images themselves. You can do that with Prestools (it is a paid addon) or you can program it yourself in the loop above.

If there is not a cover for each product (what means that all cover values are NULL) then the loop will become a bit more complicated. So it is important at the start to check that all products have one image where the "cover" field is '1'.