thirty bees forum

Thoughts, please, on Amazon Pay, its install & ease of use with thirty bees?

alwayspaws

I would like to try Amazon Pay when I open my store. I found info about the PS extension for Amazon Pay:

https://pay.amazon.com/us/sp/prestashop

@jnsgioia Did you use info from the above link to set up Amazon Pay for PS?

I read your posts from the below link, but it isn't clear how it was installed. What was clear is that you had to start over and I just can't do that any more. thirty bees will be my THIRD site restart and it's going to be the last. Went from Magento to PS and arrived here (where I'm staying).

https://forum.thirtybees.com/topic/107/unable-to-add-new-customers-with-login-with-paypal-and-login-with-amazon/6

@alwayspaws I used the free Amazon Pay module https://addons.prestashop.com/en/payment-card-wallet/21293-amzpayments.html (Payments Advanced by Patworx.de.) I installed the module as usual then signed into the merchant area of the link you posted and set up the Amazon side of it. Once I had the client ids and all I filled out the information in the back office of the module.

I determined that the problem I was having was that the module stored some of the customer information in the database in Amazon fields as well as the regular customer fields. When I deleted test customers from the back office it did not delete the information from the Amazon fields and when I tried to use the same email and all again as another test it didn't work but didn't give an error either. When I deleted the information out of the Amazon fields everything was fine.

@mdekker I think it would be worth using. I have had good success with it on the prestashop site (my tb site is just getting going again after a long distance move which required that we liquidate all our inventory). Also I have a colleague who specifically chose to go with a shopify cart because of the Amazon payment capability.

• 1 month later...

I have problems! (As usual. lol) I signed up on Amazon for an Amazon Pay account and have all my credentials and secrets :) I installed the Amazon Pay module by patworx. Here are the docs: http://www.patworx.de/LoginAndPay/WithAmazon/PrestaShopUS/Documentation

Please help me with these settings:

1. MODE LOGIN/PAY You can decide if you want to just use the "Pay"-functionality, only "Login"-functionality or both ("Login & Pay"). I selected Login & Pay. Is that best?

2. WHEN/HOW WILL THE PAYMENT BE AUTHORIZED? Which do I use? a) During checkout / before completing the order. or b) immediately after the order

3. Template Bootstrap - yes or no? I have no idea what they are talking about. I bought a template in case anyone needs to know in order to answer this question.

Thanks! PS: this is just the beginning. Amazon Pay doesn't like the business credit card I've been using for almost three years and just used it this morning.

@alwayspaws I use the login and pay. I asked several people who do a lot of buying online and they said they would like the Amazon login capability on more sites.

I use During checkout/before completing order. That way the order will not complete if their card on Amazon is not good and they can fix it without bothering you with a declined card.

I have Template Bootstrap set to yes. I am using a customization of the 30bz community default theme.

@jnsgioia I set those as you've shown. Thank you.

What settings do you suggest for these options, please? No rush. I have other problems with Amazon Pay. (I read their docs and it doesn't explain these options. It just says you can select...

Order status for executed orders: do we select this after we get an order? Otherwise, what would I choose? Are customers automatically emailed?

When/How will payments be captured? I have "directly after authorization".

Order status to capture payment? I have "Amazon Pay authorized".

Login in Popup-Window - yes or no?

Do you use the "URL AND CONFIGURATION INFO"?

From their docs, do you use the below settings?

IPN SETTINGS

IPN (Instant Payment Notifications) will be sent by Amazon to inform your system about state changes in transactions. With these notifications, your system will know if an authorization or capture has been done.

RECEIVE STATUS UPDATES VIA IPN

"This option activates or deactivates the Instant Payment Notifications. To use IPN, you need to have a valid SSL certificate on your server. If you don't active IPN, please use polling and create a cronjob. URL FOR AMAZON IPN If you want to use IPN, you need to enter this generated URL at "Merchants-URL" at the Integrationsettings in your SellerCentral."

Thank you again!

@alwayspaws This is how I have it set up:

Order status for executed orders: do we select this after we get an order? Otherwise, what would I choose? Are customers automatically emailed? Amazon Payments - Authorized

When/How will payments be captured? I have “directly after authorization”. that is what I have too Order status to capture payment? I have “Amazon Pay authorized”. yes Login in Popup-Window - yes or no? yes

Do you use the “URL AND CONFIGURATION INFO”? yes

From their docs, do you use the below settings?

IPN SETTINGS yes, otherwise you will have to manually sync with Amazon

Hope that helps...:)

• 2 years later...