thirty bees forum

Paypal Return URL

ateeb

Question

Hi, I want to configure the return URL after Paypal payment, and on this page I want to show the order confirmation number (if the payment was successful), or some ID /URL (if the order was not successful).

Please let me know how can I configure this.

Thanks in advance.

6 answers to this question

I have no problems with logged-in customers and Paypal 5.3.3 from tb. The return link should be given in the module "Paypal login" and should be something like this: Use the following link for this store (repeat if you have multiple stores!) as the redirect_uri setting: http://yourdomainxyz.net/index.php?fc=module&module=paypal&controller=logintoken

But you are right, when i make an checkout as an guest and do the payment by Paypal, there is only the "authentication" shown after finishing the payment/order.

This is not very comfortable and professional.... can we define a short "thank you for your order" site or something like this?

oh no... seems to be an "old" bug: https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/400277-native-paypal-module-not-returning-to-order-confirmation-page-after-payment/

Do you think we can have a solution for these Paypal issues, @lesley @Traumflug
Thank you for a statement :) will appreciate that

edit: A lot of users found the solution for the redirect - they use the EU Paypal module (not the US version).

I also have tried this, but i can not make it work in original, i have to update it first. And then, it is no longer Paypal from Prestashop v3.12.0 . With the update it switches to tb v5.3.3 and shows the problem with redirect again.... so i can not try this solution but maybe there is the correct hint in the EU module ?! Can anyone please check?

.....A lot of users found the solution for the redirect - they use the EU Paypal module (not the US version).

I also have tried this, but i can not make work the EU module, tb says i have to do an update of the Paypal-Module. And then after the update, it is no longer Paypal-module from Prestashop v3.12.0 . After the update it switches to tb v5.3.3 and shows the problem with redirect again…. i can not try the solution (using the Paypal EU module) but maybe there is the correct hint in the EU module ?!

Can anyone please check - for christmas cookies or money ? :) I think the whole tb community need a solution for this, Paypal is very necessary and i dont know if there is any other paid module which works fine and do a correct return to a confirmation site. Furthermore i think this can be a really big thing to collect money for the community if there came a paid module from tb.

Me again! I've noticed that the thirtybees Paypal module is missing a hook for the "displayPaymentReturn" hook, which the native Paypal module for EU had. hmmm... I don't understand why such an important thing is not working or was deleted/changed in this module? Come on - it has to showing the order cofirmation page after a purchase would be placed.