thirty bees forum

High server resources consumed

cprats

A couple of weeks ago I noticed a sudden increase on server resources consumption. I have two TB installs on a shared A2hosting Linux server.

See the screenshot of resource usage after clicking a random link on the front or back office. Do you think this is normal?

Screenshot-2019-3-3 cPanel - Main.png

Acually it might be server misconfiguration. Too many workers are sitting in memory, consuming it and not running.

Or... you acually have a very big traffic 🙂 Robots included 🙂 Server usage increases with google positions.

Other hand, 2GB of memory is alot, and is not alot... if you want to run things switfly no amount of memory is too much, and as long as you don't exceed limit (exceeding it would mean hung server) you can consider that everything is fine.

• Like 2

On shared or VPS hosting I would not worry about using too much memory. 

See, your shop creates cache files, those cache files, because they are php files and your server runs Opcache, are compiled to memory. They are stored in memory because memory has quicker read / write speeds than a drive does. So I would argue if your site is not maxing out  the memory there is an issue. 

On a dedicate server changes change a bit and a few more variables are added, but in your case you essentially want to max your memory out, it gives you the fastest site possible. 

• Like 2