thirty bees forum

Which files need to be edited to trim down all Modules in admin?

Billy

Question

I have so many modules in my presta 1.6.1.x modules admin that it blinds me. What i want to do is trim all the modules down to basic and installed. I do not want them to show whatsoever in admin if they are gone. Trying to migrate to Thirty Bees has been fun for me. However for some people i can understand why they give up. I know it's a module stopping my migration to Thirty Bees but with no specific output to tell me which one it's pointless.

I think being able to have my modules trimmed down would help me migrate once and for all!

You see i could pay someone to migrate for me. However what does one truly learn by doing it that way? 

@Scully I did read what you posted. I just didn't connect 200+ modules extra to the .xml files showing in modules admin. I thought that some are connected to them but not that much. 

Also yep i'm still stuck in PS land hence the questions here about my migration failures in previous posts.

Edited by Script-Fu

1 hour ago, Scully said:

I doubt everyone understood the issue from the starting point. The modules list does not only contain installed modules but more and more featured modules. Most of them are not installed. So you cannot strip down the list and assume the list will remain as you stripped it. The modules list gets updated on automated basis. You can strip down the XML files related but the keep geeting updated about every week or so. The result is what I found that just displaying the list of modules takes ages. ../classes/controller/AdminController.php is one place where module list handling is done. But it's not the only place unfortunately.

I read this and understood but not 200+ modules understood. My bad

Edited by Script-Fu

You can do what I am doing lol . I'm starting from scratch from a Zencart site though.. Have over a thousand products to input with the help of csv. I did think about converting but then I am still stuck with GDPR issues as zencart didn't have this unless you paid a fortune. Just thought a clean start would be best

7 minutes ago, AndyC said:

You can do what I am doing lol . I'm starting from scratch from a Zencart site though.. Have over a thousand products to input with the help of csv. I did think about converting but then I am still stuck with GDPR issues as zencart didn't have this unless you paid a fortune. Just thought a clean start would be best

Hey Andy i have over a 1000 products myself. I have the 1.6.1.x site running on PHP 7.2 so i'm not in a hurry. I have 5 clones of the main site that i have been tinkering with. 

13 minutes ago, Scully said:

An total of "all modules" of 200 + is normal in prestashop.
An "installed modules" list between 30 and 70 is also common in prestashop.
Note the difference between "all" and "installed".

Yea i got it man as mine says 290 total 58 installed. Thanks again

Edited by Script-Fu