thirty bees forum

VAT field only shows after using 'my adress' update button

Dolfijn

Question

Hi there,

I finally decided to migrate from PS 1.6 to TB. Up till no no regrets! Although I run into trouble with the EU VAT module.

The problem is that the VAT field is not automatically shown when I enter the address part of the  registration process where the company field is already populated from the first part of the registration process. The VAT field only shows after saving the address information and then press the Update button. But that is something nobody will ever do naturally.

Is there something that I'm doing wrong? I'm using TB 1.08 and VAT Exemption module V2.3.0

Shop is run in B2B mode.

Edited by Dolfijn

3 answers to this question

I found out that the original Prestahop 1.6.24 has the same problem (i keep a working copy for reasons of comparison). So, it is not related to the migration to TB. However, it still is a problem and I can't figure it out. If somebody can share his thoughts I would appreciate it a lot.

Field for the VAT number should appear as soon as a company name gets entered. That's done by JavaScript and as such, part of the theme.

For B2B shops it might be a good idea to always show this field. The idea of hiding it is to reduce the visual complexity of the page, because most B2C customers don't have a company.