thirty bees forum

Add a condition to cart rules

Gotabor

Question

Hello,

I'm currently working on implementing the free shipping on my shops with a cart rule. But I'm facing a problem. I can select which country can benefit of it, however, inside one of the country there are States in which we won't allow free shipping.

I don't see a possibility in the cart rules to either select States or Areas instead of Country. Does anybody know how I can modify the cart rules to add those fields, and keep the compatibility to update the shop ? (through override I guess)

3 answers to this question

9 hours ago, Gotabor said:

Hello,

I'm currently working on implementing the free shipping on my shops with a cart rule. But I'm facing a problem. I can select which country can benefit of it, however, inside one of the country there are States in which we won't allow free shipping.

I don't see a possibility in the cart rules to either select States or Areas instead of Country. Does anybody know how I can modify the cart rules to add those fields, and keep the compatibility to update the shop ? (through override I guess)

What I do in this cases is to create new areas and put the states I need in those areas. That way you don't need to divide the country but can separate by rules. For example, in a new shop in Barcelona (Spain), I use 3 different areas configuration:

• 1 for the "península" (standard price)
  • 1 for the islands (more expensive)
  • another for nearest states that has a cheaper price

I attach images with the example for you.

Screenshot 2019-07-26 at 15.17.35.png

Screenshot 2019-07-26 at 15.17.58.png

Thank you for your answer Dan, I had already setup the states in the areas, however you can't choose either of them in the cart rules.
I found the workaround for cart rules by creating a transporter specific to one area meaning that I have :

• States : Peninsula / Nameless Island
  • Area : Main Land / Islands
  • Carrier : Standard Carrier / Boat carrier

Once that is done, I did set up the carriers in the cart rule to disallow free shipping for the Islands, while making it authorized for the Main Land.